01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR - "No Link" error (1 camera out of 6)

Lowell

We have an Hikvision Model DS-7608NI-E2/8P W/2TB HDD. We are using 6 cameras. The NVR has a flaky HDMI port, if the cable is bumped or the NVR is moved, we lose signal. I’m currently using the VGA output to a monitor with a with a VGA input. It was working with all 6 cameras. After doing a reboot and or a shutdown from the menu, camera 6 now has NO LINK. I’m a newbie with the NVR. I re-seated the cable to port 6. No help, any suggestions?

We don’t use the NVR for remote access or viewing. It a one-person office at our church, on many days, the female secretary is there by herself. That’s the reason for the NVR & cameras. The alarm company that installed the system wants $650.00 for a new unit plus labor to configure. I found on amazon.com the same Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P or $280 and a 2TB HDD for $45. I’m thinking about swapping our 2TB HDD and installing it a the new NVR after I get the No Link issue resolved

We have an Hikvision Model DS-7608NI-E2/8P W/2TB HDD. We are using 6 cameras. The NVR has a flaky HDMI port, if the cable is bumped or the NVR is moved, we lose signal. I’m currently using the VGA output to a monitor with a with a VGA input. It was working with all 6 cameras. After doing a reboot and or a shutdown from the menu, camera 6 now has NO LINK. I’m a newbie with the NVR. I re-seated the cable to port 6. No help, any suggestions?

We don’t use the NVR for remote access or viewing. It a one-person office at our church, on many days, the female secretary is there by herself. That’s the reason for the NVR & cameras. The alarm company that installed the system wants $650.00 for a new unit plus labor to configure. I found on amazon.com the same Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P or $280 and a 2TB HDD for $45. I’m thinking about swapping our 2TB HDD and installing it a the new NVR after I get the No Link issue resolved
Hi Lowell,
As a starter try this link

Do your cameras connect direct to the ports at the back of the NVR?

Upvote 0
Yes, 5 of the 6 are blinking after the reboot. The LEDs flash at at startup, looks like a handshaking routine. The then 1-5 continues to blink, sending signal and # 6 is on solid. Thus the NO Link on camera 6.

Upvote 0
Yes, 5 of the 6 are blinking after the reboot. The LEDs flash at at startup, looks like a handshaking routine. The then 1-5 continues to blink, sending signal and # 6 is on solid. Thus the NO Link on camera 6.
I have an earlier version of that NVR but my cameras do not connect the the rear ports, so it should be possible to figure this out.

How do you normally logon to the NVR using monitor / keyboard or on a laptop?
What model cameras are connected to the NVR? include the NVR port numbers they are connected to.
Is the front of camera 6 showing any lights?

Upvote 0
No link problem resolved. Problem occurred when I moved the NVR. I reseated the cable and that didn’t solve the problem. The problem was caused by the POE Cable. The cable connector clicked when it was inserted into the port, but I pushed the cable in further and that resolved the No Link issue. That was the secondary problem. Primary problem is a flaky HDMI port in the NVR, move the HDMI cable, the output signal comes and goes. I’ve circumvented the problem by using the VGA output port with a VGA>HDMI adapter to feed a splitter to 2 different TV’s. We saved $300+, that was the cost at Amazon for an Hikvision Model DS-7608NI-E2/8P without the HDD.

Upvote 0
Back