01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P NVR - Can I view events in the web browser?

Theninjagecko

Hello,

Just installed my DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P with the new colorvu cameras.
I access the nvr from web interface.

Its set to continuous record, I have events working sending to my hik connect app on my phone.

I want to be able to view events from the web interface, is this possible? If not it seems an incredible oversight.

I think what you want is that all of your configured events put a marker on the web browser interface. Unfortunately I don't think they will. Had a quick look at mine and you can use the icons in the lower left corner to do a smart (retrospective) search of line crossing or intrusion of an area of the image (motion doesn't seem to work on mine)

As you rightly say it's ridiculous that you can do a smart search but not just view your pre defined events. The ability to see your pre defined event markers was also removed from the local monitor - you can view them but it's a faff on to see what was previously available in an instant.

I think what you want is that all of your configured events put a marker on the web browser interface. Unfortunately I don't think they will. Had a quick look at mine and you can use the icons in the lower left corner to do a smart (retrospective) search of line crossing or intrusion of an area of the image (motion doesn't seem to work on mine)

As you rightly say it's ridiculous that you can do a smart search but not just view your pre defined events. The ability to see your pre defined event markers was also removed from the local monitor - you can view them but it's a faff on to see what was previously available in an instant.
I can't even do a smart search on mine, all I can do is view the continuous recording or scroll through that.

I can't even do a smart search on mine, all I can do is view the continuous recording or scroll through that.
Ahh your missing out then and smart search won't work directly on the NVR. Login to your NVR via the web browser and go to:

Configuration > Video/Audio > Display Info On Stream (tab)

Tick the box for "Enable Dual VCA" and then save. Repeat for each of your cameras.

That setting in the camera will embed all metadata for motion in the video stream, which will then allow you to retrospectively search the video using Smart Playback (on your recordings going forward). For this to work, the corresponding event needs to be enabled even if you're not using it to receive notifications.

That option was unticked. I've ticked it and just did a test. my hik connect mobile app see's me and notifies no issues. But still in the playback screen via web browser all I'm seeing is my continuous blue bar.

Hi @Theninjagecko I have the same NVR and I'm having the same issue, long blue bar even though motion detection is enabled on all 8 cameras when viewing through browser - if i view on monitor directly connected to the NVR then I can see the motion detection flags in green alongside the blue continuous record. My cameras are probably different to yours, i have 8 HiLook 5mp IPC-T250H cameras connected via cat5e poe, so they don't have any other functions like line crossing. I have also upgraded my firmware to V4.30.011 build 200803 but that has made no difference. The only good thing with this upgrade is i can now view using Chrome instead of the outdated IE11.

That option was unticked. I've ticked it and just did a test. my hik connect mobile app see's me and notifies no issues. But still in the playback screen via web browser all I'm seeing is my continuous blue bar.
That's correct - it's working as it should (or at least as well as it will with web browser). The difference now is that you should be able to search the video by defining a line (as long as line crossing is on) or an intrusion area (as long as intrusion detection is switched on) by using Smart Search on the NVR (via monitor and mouse) or Smart Search on the webpage by starting the live video and using the icons I mentioned earlier.

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 16.21.29.png

So the web access once everything is set up is pretty much useless? I can view live feed and that's it, I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

So the web access once everything is set up is pretty much useless? I can view live feed and that's it, I'm absolutely gobsmacked.
I'd hardly call it useless. You can:
  1. Fully configure the NVR/Camera
  2. Live view the camera - main and sub stream
  3. Playback by time/date multiple cameras (either synchronous or asynchronous)
  4. Playback by smart search
  5. Export video clips or download files
If you want to access all of the features of the NVR or camera then you should use either the iVMS 4200 software or a locally connected monitor and mouse.

I cant seem to find firmware V4.30.011 build 200803 or later anywhere for the bug fixes and the hik portal doesn't seem to have it in the UK anymore? can anyone post a link or share the latest firmware they have for the DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P as I am having a few issues I hope it fixes regards motion alerts etc not being displayed correctly in playback as well as a few other minor annoyances.

I am currently on V4.30.005 build200628

really appreciate the help

I cant seem to find firmware V4.30.011 build 200803 or later anywhere for the bug fixes and the hik portal doesn't seem to have it in the UK anymore? can anyone post a link or share the latest firmware they have for the DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P as I am having a few issues I hope it fixes regards motion alerts etc not being displayed correctly in playback as well as a few other minor annoyances.

I am currently on V4.30.005 build200628

really appreciate the help

I just looked it’s still there?

JB, that has never worked on my I-series NVR. Everything is set as it should be and I'm performing the search in the timeline properly. Event markers never show up, just a continuous blue line. I do get markers when using the monitor on the NVR, but not through the web interface in IE.

JB, that has never worked on my I-series NVR. Everything is set as it should be and I'm performing the search in the timeline properly. Event markers never show up, just a continuous blue line. I do get markers when using the monitor on the NVR, but not through the web interface in IE.

I wasn't saying that fixed anything - just that the firmware mentioned (for the K series) was still available.

Yeah there are no event markers on the browser for configured events (though the search does bring them up for smart events only). In the NVR interface they only show after doing a custom search - the ones visible on the Smart Search are just full screen intrusion detection markers. It worked so much better in the V3 firmware where you had Normal/Event playback and Smart Playback. Normal/Event showed the timeline markers for user pre configured events and Smart Playback was kept completely separate. For those of us that set events up properly it's a faff on to bring them up in the timeline.

(though the search does bring them up for smart events only).

This is what I don't understand when talking about the browser. I've never had any markers of any kind in the browser no matter how I configure the search. The only event markers I've ever seen are in the GUI when smart events are configured in the lower left. Do you know how to get smart event markers in a browser?

This is what I don't understand when talking about the browser. I've never had any markers of any kind in the browser no matter how I configure the search. The only event markers I've ever seen are in the GUI when smart events are configured in the lower left. Do you know how to get smart event markers in a browser?

You can get markers for a smart search using the lower left icons in the browser but you can’t bring markers up for smart events (your pre configured events). I do wish Hikvision would just call smart events “events” - it causes so much confusion when discussing an issue!

You can get markers for a smart search using the lower left icons in the browser but you can’t bring markers up for smart events (your pre configured events). I do wish Hikvision would just call smart events “events” - it causes so much confusion when discussing an issue!
Yes but for me this function was working with version 3.x but not anymore with version 4.x
Does someone found a way to use smart event, drawing a crossing line real time and seeing the alarms in some way?
I don't have direct access to NVR and I would like to access via WEB that was very easy on version 3.x or maybe another SW, but I was not able to find one able to manage smart events. Someone has some suggestione?
I was thinking to revert to version 3.x but then I need to use only internet explorer.

I hate IVMS with a passion it’s slow and useless but in this case for event viewing with the markers it may be your only option as Hik broke the function in the browser.

Like you I found it super handy to have the little markers for events then one day I updated and boom no more markers….

Contacted hik and they said “it was no longer a requirement” says who?!

Bloody hikvision

I hate IVMS with a passion it’s slow and useless but in this case for event viewing with the markers it may be your only option as Hik broke the function in the browser.

Like you I found it super handy to have the little markers for events then one day I updated and boom no more markers….

Contacted hik and they said “it was no longer a requirement” says who?!

Bloody hikvision
I wrote to the Chinese customer support and it took them many mails to understand which was my problem. After that they said it was no long a supported feature too. Even other features on each update disappeared like face recognition. But at the same time they left iconcs on the web interface so I never understood if alarm were not shown anymore because of a bug or a feature.
I need that feature to analyze event in my recorded period to check even other events that are not set, and the smart features were working great!
Another thing is that the web interface rely on the plug in that is downloaded to maybe could be a solution to download an old plugin and use it with a new firmware. To be tested!

Hi

I just configured a DS7608-NI-I2 and it is the same issue. It seems the only way to be able to use the search facility at all is to use a directly connected screen or possibly using IVMS.

There is a search button displayed in the browser but effectively it does nothing, only selection by date is possible and in all cases you just get the blue "continuous" recordign indicator in the timeline, no events whatsoever (basic or smart). There is no way using the Hikconnect app either to view events generated by the NVR unless you have specifically configured them to 'notify security center' which then just inundates your Hikconnect app with events which again cannot be searched or filtered in any useful way; just by date.

I would understand certain less common operations such as video export etc needing to be done at the device but reviewing historic events should certainly be available remotely, a very basic and pretty much day-to-day function of an NVR surely?

Come on HikVision - sort out your browser support to include event viewing/filtering OR enable VNC/remote desktop access to the NVR so GUI4 can be accessed remotely at least.

I wrote to the Chinese customer support and it took them many mails to understand which was my problem. After that they said it was no long a supported feature too. Even other features on each update disappeared like face recognition. But at the same time they left iconcs on the web interface so I never understood if alarm were not shown anymore because of a bug or a feature.
I need that feature to analyze event in my recorded period to check even other events that are not set, and the smart features were working great!
Another thing is that the web interface rely on the plug in that is downloaded to maybe could be a solution to download an old plugin and use it with a new firmware. To be tested!
I had to replace the HDD and so I had to format new ones. So starting the new recording activated again the smart actions in the web page. So I guess it's only necessary to format the HDDs after a firmware update if the problem occurs.

Back