01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision firmware update for DS-2CD2xx2 IP cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the lame question, but how can I be sure that the firmware posted here is not hacked? All shops recommend to download only from Hikvision.

Not a lame question at all, it's definitely sensible to be cautious when it comes to Hikvision's firmware updates.

I suppose the simplest answer would be that we're an authorised Hikvision reseller in the UK and it'd be both harmful to our business but also to our relationship with Hikvision as a partner if we were to supply hacked firmware or point people to where they can find it.

All the Hikvision products on our webshop, use-IP.co.uk, are genuine UK stock as part of Hikvision's authorised channels.
You can read more about Hikvision's authorised channels and reseller partners via their statement on the matter.

If you are concerned however, you can simply download the latest firmware for your devices from Hikvision's European download portal. We only upload the firmware to our forums as the download portal has been known to go offline somewhat frequently, and also because Hikvision's Overseas firmware download website requires an account creation that has also been known to fail from time to time.

I hope this helps

Many thanks for the explanation. I usually trust websites that ending with .co.uk and yes I was just too cautious as a new user here.

Hi.
I thought I would upgrade my DS-2CD2432F-IW to the latest version. I have upgraded to 5.2.0 but now I'm unable to progress to 5.3.0 or 5.4.0 (Upgrading failed) I downloaded the 5.2.0 from the hikvision european download portal.
I have tried to reboot and reset the camera but it wont upgrade. What could be wrong?
The camera is working with the 5.2.0 firmware..

When you try updating to v5.3.0, does the update commence and drop out halfway, or does it never start at all?

Make sure you're using a wired LAN connection rather than a wireless connection for both the camera but also whatever PC / laptop you're using to update the camera's firmware with. Wireless connections regularly fail with Hikvision updates.

Try to update to v5.3.0 with a direct download from the Hikvision European download portal. The section linked is for the 2xx2 R0 series of cameras (DS-2CD2432F-IW belongs to this series).

Just as a heads up, you will need to update to v5.3.0 before going to v5.4.0.

When you try updating to v5.3.0, does the update commence and drop out halfway, or does it never start at all?

Make sure you're using a wired LAN connection rather than a wireless connection for both the camera but also whatever PC / laptop you're using to update the camera's firmware with. Wireless connections regularly fail with Hikvision updates.

Try to update to v5.3.0 with a direct download from the Hikvision European download portal. The section linked is for the 2xx2 R0 series of cameras (DS-2CD2432F-IW belongs to this series).

Just as a heads up, you will need to update to v5.3.0 before going to v5.4.0.

Thanks for the quick response Kieran.
The update process never started and just went directly to the "Upgrade failed).
After reading your message it gave me the idea to connect the cam directly to my computer. I had previously connected it through my lan (wired). When i did the update just worked. I went through with 5.3.0 followed by 5.4.0

Now Im not sure if it was due to connecting directly to lan prot on computer or that the power to the cam was removed over the night that was the key. I cant think of anything else that i did differently....
Anyway. Thanks for the help now my cam is up to date :-)
//Fredrik

Kieran,
I noticed on the hikvision download portal it doesn't list the DS-2CD2232-I3/I5 as one of the compatible models for the 5.4.0 upgrade. Is it safe to upgrade my DS-2CD2232-I3/I5?

Thank you.

As far as we're aware, yes, it should be. The v5.4.0 release notes in the R0 2xx2 section don't actually list any of the R0 2xx2 3MP models at all for some reason, even though those are the models it should apply to.

I've upgraded a DS-2CD2032-I, DS-2CD2132F-I and a DS-2CD2532F-I without issue - I'd expect the same for your DS-2CD2232-I3/I5 too.

As far as we're aware, yes, it should be. The v5.4.0 release notes in the R0 2xx2 section don't actually list any of the R0 2xx2 3MP models at all for some reason, even though those are the models it should apply to.

I've upgraded a DS-2CD2032-I, DS-2CD2132F-I and a DS-2CD2532F-I without issue - I'd expect the same for your DS-2CD2232-I3/I5 too.
Thanks Kieran, I updated them and they work great!

How do you use "connecting directly to lan port on computer" - how do you connect to the camera efter you have connected your PC via LAN to the camera?

in the release notes for v5.4.0 it says:
IR Mini Dome DS-2CD2522FWD-(I)(W)(S) 2MP, IR, WDR, Wi-Fi/Audio/Alarm optional
IR Mini Dome DS-2CD2542FWD-I(W) 4MP, IR, WDR, Wi-Fi optional
IR Mini Dome DS-2CD2552FWD-I(W) 5MP, IR, Wi-Fi optional
I have a
Mini Dome DS-2CD2532F-IWS - will v/5.4.0 work on this model?

in the release notes for v5.4.0 it says:
IR Mini Dome DS-2CD2522FWD-(I)(W)(S) 2MP, IR, WDR, Wi-Fi/Audio/Alarm optional
IR Mini Dome DS-2CD2542FWD-I(W) 4MP, IR, WDR, Wi-Fi optional
IR Mini Dome DS-2CD2552FWD-I(W) 5MP, IR, Wi-Fi optional
I have a
Mini Dome DS-2CD2532F-IWS - will v/5.4.0 work on this model?
No, the DS-2CD2532F-IWS is part of a different camera series than the DS-2CD2542FWD-I etc.

The 2532 is part of the R0 series.
The 2542 is part of the R6 series.

Both series have a v5.4.0 firmware release but they are not interchangeable - make sure you only install the appropriate firmware for your series.

How do you use "connecting directly to lan port on computer" - how do you connect to the camera efter you have connected your PC via LAN to the camera?
If you've connected your PC and the camera to the same LAN, you can access the camera by entering its IP address into a web browser on your PC.

You may need to use a program like SADP from Hikvision to change the camera's IP address to match your subnet.

Thank your for your answers - would you be so kind to direct me to the correct firmware to DS-2CD2532F-IWS?

Hi Friend

i have the Ip Cam Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW buy in China, Aliexpress, ebay... I do not remember...

Is possible upgrade to version 5.4.0?
The current version is V5.2.3 build 141024 & Version Codificador V5.0 build 140714

Versión de firmware V5.2.3 build 141024
Versión codificador V5.0 build 140714

adjunt picture

14l81zb.jpg

Thanks
Regards

Last edited:
Would this update fit my DS-2CD2042WD-I ?
I just updated to v5.3.6 build 151105 (downloaded from HikVision web site), and my Asustor Surveillance Center does not receive motion detection event any more

Hi I am new to this site and have been reading all your post about updating Hikvision camera firmware, I have 8 x DS-2CD2132-I and 1 x DS-2CD2732F-IS dome cameras all of which have the following Firmware and encoding versions:-
Firmware Version V5.1.0 build 131202
Encoding Version V5.0 build 131128
I understand that I have to load each version of firmware to bring them up to the latest version but which one do I start with i.e. can just load V2 or is there a later build of V1 that I have to load first?
What builds do I upload, as example there seem to be three builds of V3, or can I just upload the latest build of each version? hope you can point me in the correct direction
regards
Kevin

Last edited:
Hi, I have some DS-2CD2342WD-I , all ready on V5.4.0 build 160401
and some on DS-2CD2342WD-I V5.3.6 build 15110 . I can upgrade any of them to the latest version v5.4.0 build 160530 , any ideas how this can be? there all UK spec from broadbandbuyer.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back