01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision firmware update for DS-2CD2xx2 IP cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded my 2532 from v5.2 to v5.3.3. The camera is streaming again after reboot but I get 404s when attempting to access the camera via browser. Any suggestions?

I have many other 2132s as well but obviously am hesitant to upgrade them now.

How are you attempting to access it? IP address, DDNS domain?

Hi Guys

Everytime I try to upgrade the firmware it fails, it just says status upgrading 0% till camera stop working. I was wondering is my connection to do the upgrade is right. I have my camera connected to a POE injector adapter and from the adpater to the router and I can't upgrade my firmware which seems very old

DS-2CD2132F-I

Firmware Version V5.2.0 build 140721 updating to IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.2.3_141024

IS there any way or other connection I have to do to get the camera firmware updated? DO I need to connect camera to laptop directly?

Thanks

Try using a wired connection from your laptop to your router. Wifi connections tend to cause firmware updates to fail. Try also disabling any anti-virus / software firewall that may be active for a brief period.

You'll want to make sure you upgrade from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 first before 5.3.0 to 5.4.0

Excellent. I updated to 5.3.0, then to latest firmware IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.0_160530. That was the problem I was using WIFI when doing the upgrade.
Thank you so much
Cheers

Hi all, so I've been trying really hard to get my Hikvision Cameras to upgrade and it's just not happening!

Here's the spec stuff:

PC: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox ESR 32bit (So the plugin works)
Camera Model: Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS (I have 3 of these)
Existing Firmware Versions: V5.3.8, V5.4.1, V5.4.3 (Yup, 3 cameras, 3 different firmwares from factory)

I have tried to upgrade these cameras via Wifi and LAN cable connections and the exact same thing happens every time, it prompts me that it's going to reboot after upgrading the firmware, I click ok and it immediately says it failed........no difference in behaviour, no matter what I do. I've even tried to reset the camera to factory settings, then gone in via the SADP tool to set up the IP address and password to attempt the upgrade again and NOTHING makes a difference. Also, just for the record, having read this thread end to end, I've made absolutely certain that I'm upgrading to the next version of the firmware in the chain and I got those firmware downloads from DOWNLOAD PORTAL I'm at my whits end, so would really appreciate any advice anyone has.

UPDATE: I figured out what this was. I was attempting to load the firmware files from a network drive.....despite the fact the network was solid as a rock, the Hikvision web interface appears to pick this up and just refuse point blank to upload the firmware. As soon as I copied the files to the PC I was using and attempted to load them from there, everything updated just fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for updating with your solution, that's a good tip for others.
I have even seen the browse function struggle to find the firmware file if it's placed in 'My Documents' or similar and had to resort to placing it on the C: drive.

Thanks for updating with your solution, that's a good tip for others.
I have even seen the browse function struggle to find the firmware file if it's placed in 'My Documents' or similar and had to resort to placing it on the C: drive.

I just had an issue with a working setup (previously used to upgrade another camera). Found that If i set camera to defaults, and then set PC to same subnet it worked 1st time. Could be the firewall/gateway on the LAN interfering. Worked when i used static IPs on both camera and PC.

Just to add, I have had problems upgraading my 2x42 cameras through a web browser (any, and trying all sorts of things), but I read elsewhere hear about the "Batch Configuration Tool". I tried that and it worked flawlessly, and obviously much more quickly than doing 5 cameras individually. The tool itself looks very useful for cloning common settings between cameras too, eg. DST, network settings etc.

I have a hikvision camera
model: DS-2CD2722FWD-I
Serial: DS-2CD2722FWD-I20151212BBWR561352223
Firmware: V5.3.6 build 151105
encoding version: V7.0 build 151027
web version: V4.0.1 build 150915
plugin version: V3.0.5.42

I have been trying to get motion detection to trigger email. I have tried setting up two different email accounts - one with mail.com and one with yandex.com - I got the same result with both in that the email setup test worked but, after triggering a motion detected email (mail.com actually sent a couple - yandex sent none) when I returned to the email setup screen and tested the test failed. It seems to me that the email servers are detecting the automatic nature of the emails and are blocking further email sending (presumably using the camera mac address to filter). I would be grateful for any comment or insight you might have about this.
The camera does not support TLS so I thought maybe a firmware upgrade might sort it out.
I have checked as best I am able that this firmware upgrade is right for this camera but all the references talk about going from 5.30 to 5.40. Anyway, I have downloaded the zip and extracted digicap.dav. I tried it but the firmware upgrade fails immediately. Should this work or am I wasting my time. The p.c. and camera are seperated by a switch at the moment. Might a direct connection (crossover cable) sort it out and allow the upgrade?
Even if it did upgrade would that be the end of the matter? I have read about setting gmail to allow less secure devices (which I have done) and also app passwords (which apparently are not available on my account - I don't know why not).
Does gmail filter potential spam in the same way that mail and yandex seem to be doing?

Your youtube videos have been helpful but now I am a bit stuck. I would buy new cameras but I am remarkably poor.
cheers
Glyn Hodges

It strikes me that all the email compatibility problems would go away if only hikvision ran their own email server which they could configure to accept mail from their devices since, presumably they know the mac address of all their devices. Then everyone would think hikvision were very fine fellows and they would be more popular. Their legacy cameras would continue to work and people would stop saying they are shit. Has anyone suggested this to them?

Hi Glyn,
Your firmware is a long way behind the latest version and that may be causing problems with your update.
The sequence of updates can be seen/downloaded here, with V5.5.0 being the current newest:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Try a baby-step initially and upgrade to the version one step newer than your current firmware, that will prove your upgrade process.

Our 'How To' on HikVision upgrades is here:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/how-to-update-hikvision-firmware-in-just-nine-simple-steps.1323/

There is no reason why you should not be able to bring your cameras up to the latest version.
All the usual caveats of assuming your hardware is official UK etc.

Once you've updated your cameras, if you're still struggling to configure emails, please start a new thread and we'll try to resolve that with you.

I'm not aware of any manufacturers who run/offer their own email servers, I think they find it enough of a struggle keeping DNS & portals working :)

Phil,
Many thanks for pointing me at the download portal. I have upgraded 5.3.6 to 5.3.8 to 5.4.0 and now I have the TLS option and the motion detection email works (two days running so it must be good eh?). I have also got the video streaming in a webpage (internet explorer only), ftp on alarm and even snmp traps to LoriotPro so I have had a lot of fun for the last couple of days with my scrapyard camera. Recording to a NAS storage box is next. I noticed too late that there is an out of order temp NAS fix for 5.3.8. I can only hope the 5.4.0 also applies that fix whatever it is. The camera is detecting my sons western digital mybooklive box but I dare not click format for fear it will wipe the whole box. I have found a 1 terabyte second nand for £30 so I will try that when it comes.

The odd thing is that the SADP tool has never detected this camera and still doesn't - never mind though.

I wonder now with all the functions apparently working what the next four or five firmware upgrades will do to improve matters. I always get nervous doing a firmware upgrade. I have never killed anything yet but you read such dire warnings.

A merry xmas and much success to you all at use-ip.

Thanks Glyn,
I would recommend getting your firmware right up to date, there have been several publicised vulnerabilities in earlier firmware versions - meaning your cameras could be exposed to known hacks :(

Hi,
I have upgraded firmware in my DS-2CD2942F-IS to 5.4.41. Unfortunatelly I have skipped some versions - at least 5.4.0 and 5.3.0.
Now I cannot connect to the camera via browser. But it is working and is still connected to my Surveillance Station on Synology NAS. Do you know how to manage this problem?

Hi,
Not really.
Have you tried cycling the power?
I guess you know what IP address your camera is at, as you Synology is still connecting to it. What happens when you use Internet Explorer (not Edge) and enter that IP address in the address bar?
Do you see the login page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back