01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IP Cameras with I/O?

Marco Hill

Evening All,

I am looking for a specific type of IP camera from Hikvision if anyone can help recommend.

I am looking for a IP Camera with the I/O function so I can wire in a beam which is low light (Dark fighter)
or 80 meter IR type camera.

I found a couple I am not sure how search for cameras with I/O on their website without
having to go through each camera on their website to look at the data sheet.

Thanks.

T
Evening All,

I am looking for a specific type of IP camera from Hikvision if anyone can help recommend.

I am looking for a IP Camera with the I/O function so I can wire in a beam which is low light (Dark fighter)
or 80 meter IR type camera.

I found a couple I am not sure how search for cameras with I/O on their website without
having to go through each camera on their website to look at the data sheet.

Thanks.
You need to look at models with an "S" within the string of letters at the end after the "-I"

U = Microphone
S = Alarm and audio input/output
H = Heater
SL = Strobe Light

Depending on the cameras some models are supplied with or without the options. For example:

DS2-CD2346G2-I is a a 4 MP AcuSense turret with no additional options.
DS-2CD2346G2-IU also has microphone
DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL has microphone, speaker and strobe light

For what you're looking for (IR range) it'll be a bullet format probably with varifocal lens that you want.

The DS-2CD2646G2-IZS might be a good option. 2.8 - 12mm lens, 4 megapixel, 60m IR, AcuSense and alarm

@JB1970

Thanks a lot for your help and post. That's good to know all of the above.

I got with the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL from ADIglobal and get this all wire
in on Saturday.

@JB1970

Thanks a lot for your help and post. That's good to know all of the above.

I got with the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL from ADIglobal and get this all wire
in on Saturday.
Good camera - tends to be my standard fit at the moment - at least the -IU version

T

You need to look at models with an "S" within the string of letters at the end after the "-I"

U = Microphone
S = Alarm and audio input/output
H = Heater
SL = Strobe Light

Depending on the cameras some models are supplied with or without the options. For example:

DS2-CD2346G2-I is a a 4 MP AcuSense turret with no additional options.
DS-2CD2346G2-IU also has microphone
DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL has microphone, speaker and strobe light

For what you're looking for (IR range) it'll be a bullet format probably with varifocal lens that you want.

The DS-2CD2646G2-IZS might be a good option. 2.8 - 12mm lens, 4 megapixel, 60m IR, AcuSense and alarm
My friend - how are you? Been a while. I hope you and your family are keeping well.

Quick ques. I have a few DS-2CD2346G2-IU cameras internally in the house. I know these have a microphone i.e. I can hear the audio when I access the camera through the app / NVR. However do these allow for a two way audio channel i.e. can I speak on the app for it to be heard on the camera? I thought it was possible, but maybe I misunderstood this all together.

Cheers,
JT

My friend - how are you? Been a while. I hope you and your family are keeping well.

Quick ques. I have a few DS-2CD2346G2-IU cameras internally in the house. I know these have a microphone i.e. I can hear the audio when I access the camera through the app / NVR. However do these allow for a two way audio channel i.e. can I speak on the app for it to be heard on the camera? I thought it was possible, but maybe I misunderstood this all together.

Cheers,
JT
Hi JT, I'm well thanks. The IU has an internal microphone but no speaker so you can just record what's going on. The ISU/SL version has a speaker as well allowing 2 way audio as you describe. On that model (ISU/SL) you can speak back via the app or set up your alarms to play warning messages - either standard or your own customised ones. I thought about uploading Liam Neeson from the scene in Taken - "I have a particular set of skills, I will find you......." :)

Hi JT, I'm well thanks. The IU has an internal microphone but no speaker so you can just record what's going on. The ISU/SL version has a speaker as well allowing 2 way audio as you describe. On that model (ISU/SL) you can speak back via the app or set up your alarms to play warning messages - either standard or your own customised ones. I thought about uploading Liam Neeson from the scene in Taken - "I have a particular set of skills, I will find you......." :)
Hahaha - that's a good one..

I was looking to use the camera to keep an eye on my pony (85kilo mastiff) when I am not home. Guess now its just miserable seeing her going bonkers when home alone and not able to tell her to stop lol!

BTW which Hikivision model has ISU feature available (for future reference)?!

Hahaha - that's a good one..

I was looking to use the camera to keep an eye on my pony (85kilo mastiff) when I am not home. Guess now its just miserable seeing her going bonkers when home alone and not able to tell her to stop lol!

BTW which Hikivision model has ISU feature available (for future reference)?!
You can get the variant in the same model you’ve got. So it would be a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL rather than -IU

85 kgs I guess an alarm system ain’t required then!

Back