01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision kv6113 pre-sales questions?

seanbugeja

Hi everyone. I'm interested in buying the hikvision ds-kv 6113 wpe1 (c) and have some questions.
1. From what i gathered after update 2.1.5 the unit can be directly connected to hik connect and doesn't need a monitor any longer. Is this accurate?

2. If i connect it directly and do not use a monitor will i lose any functions ?

3. Does the unit require a 12V supply to open the lock or can it do so on its own?

Thanks for your patience and support

Hi @seanbugeja - please see the answers to your questions below :)
1. From what i gathered after update 2.1.5 the unit can be directly connected to hik connect and doesn't need a monitor any longer. Is this accurate?
That's right, you can add it to Hik-Connect without a monitor and this will allow you to answer calls, operate the lock, and view the live feed from the camera.

2. If i connect it directly and do not use a monitor will i lose any functions ?
Yes, you need the indoor station (monitor) if you would like the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) doorbell to save a snapshot of when it is pressed and send it to Hik-Connect for you to check retrospectively, as these are saved to a microSD card within the indoor station. The doorbell won't save video clips either, so you will only be able to see who is at your door in real-time when it is rung.

3. Does the unit require a 12V supply to open the lock or can it do so on its own?
You will need the appropriate separate PSU for your lock - the door lock relay output is a NO/NC volt-free contact.
There's some more discussion on how to wire locks to the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) here:

Back