01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR and face recognition to trigger actions in my home automation system?

vladaepro

Currently i'm using a PC with Nvidia GPU to process streams from Hikvision cameras and unlock some doors at house if specific people are recognized (so when i get from store with bags in hands i don't have to use keys to open doors :) )
As keeping that PC 24/7 is not quite power efficient, and sometimes it lost connection to the cameras or app crashes i would like to switch to more "integrated" solution.
I saw that iDS NVRs support face recognition, but i'm concerned about notifications and triggers - i need to sent specific http get request to trigger actions in my home automation system (which also unlock the doors) but from what i can see in linkage actions available?
So i'm i missing something, or this task is still not possible to accomplish with iDS NVR alone, even it have face recognition feature?
Or eventually, would it be possible to trigger some hardware alarms on output terminal where i could put some microcontroller which would translate that in http requests (my current NVR DS-7616NI-I2 have only single alarm output, but i need at least 2 of them)?

Currently i'm using a PC with Nvidia GPU to process streams from Hikvision cameras and unlock some doors at house if specific people are recognized (so when i get from store with bags in hands i don't have to use keys to open doors :) )
As keeping that PC 24/7 is not quite power efficient, and sometimes it lost connection to the cameras or app crashes i would like to switch to more "integrated" solution.
I saw that iDS NVRs support face recognition, but i'm concerned about notifications and triggers - i need to sent specific http get request to trigger actions in my home automation system (which also unlock the doors) but from what i can see in linkage actions available?
So i'm i missing something, or this task is still not possible to accomplish with iDS NVR alone, even it have face recognition feature?
Or eventually, would it be possible to trigger some hardware alarms on output terminal where i could put some microcontroller which would translate that in http requests (my current NVR DS-7616NI-I2 have only single alarm output, but i need at least 2 of them)?
You won't be able to do what you want with the iDS NVR alone. Perhaps something is available in the Hikvision ISAPI where you can subscribe to the events. You would need to have the camera(s) on the network rather than directly connected to the NVR in order for the messages to get through.

Well, then that makes no sense of changing my current NVR - as i'm processing images from those few cameras separately on PC anyway. But it looks like a shame to me, that NVR have capability of facial recognition (and is expensive like hell because of that) but we can't do much with that feature...
However, that ISAPI documentation seems like very hard to find, i saw only fragments from people figured out by themselves, but not the whole official document where it would be clear what can be done and what can't.

Well, then that makes no sense of changing my current NVR - as i'm processing images from those few cameras separately on PC anyway. But it looks like a shame to me, that NVR have capability of facial recognition (and is expensive like hell because of that) but we can't do much with that feature...
However, that ISAPI documentation seems like very hard to find, i saw only fragments from people figured out by themselves, but not the whole official document where it would be clear what can be done and what can't.
It still might be possible depending on what's available from the NVR using the API; I'd missed that you were looking to use the face recognition of the NVR itself. The latest full API doc I have isn't that recent but here you go:

Attachments

• Hikvision API Docs.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Thank you for the documentation! By quick check i see there are some error codes related to facial recognition indeed, but i'm not very convinced it would be possible to get "clear" notification which face is detected on which camera, and i don't think i want to spend $1000+ just to check that - i was hoping that someone has already solved similar problem :)

Back