01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision nvr/cameras on LAN?

bobakers

Hi all
Im reconfiguring our network and moving the DVR from the shed back into the house and am having trouble getting the cameras to operate on the LAN network.

The configuration I want is as follows:
DVR V2.png

However in this configuration, whilst I can see the two cameras and the NVR in SADP and have manually set the camera IP address in the DVR, in hike connect they are coming up as not available.

If I change the wiring to:
DVR V1.png

In the 2nd configuration the cameras work in Hik Connect (so I know that the cameras, cabling and shed switch are ok) but then I can not see them in SAPD, only the NVR.

I would prefer to be able to configure as per the first diagram so I can run just the one cable to the shed switch and connect other items (WAP) to the shed switch.
I'm guessing that I'm missing a tick box somewhere???

Thanks in advance
Bob

Hi all
Im reconfiguring our network and moving the DVR from the shed back into the house and am having trouble getting the cameras to operate on the LAN network.

The configuration I want is as follows:
View attachment 9315

However in this configuration, whislt I can see the two cameras and the NVR in SADP and have manually set the camera IP address in the DVR, in hike connect they are coming up as not available.

If I change the wiring to:
View attachment 9316

In the 2nd configuration the cameras work in Hik Connect (so I know that the cameras, cabling and shed switch are ok) but then I can not see them in SAPD, only the NVR.

I would prefer to be able to configure as per the first diagram so I can run just the one cable to the shed switch and connect other items (WAP) to the shed switch.
Im gussing that Im missing a tick box somewhere???

Thanks in advance
Bob
Hi Bob,
In your first diagram the cameras are connected to the LAN network and in the second diagram they connect to the NVR private subnet, default IP 192.168.254.nnn. I think NVR plug and play only works when cameras plug into the ports on the back of the NVR, my cameras (DHCP enabled) are connected as per diagram 1 and the router always assigns the same IP address to each camera.

Connect the cameras as diagram 1 and use SADP to enable DHCP on the cameras then reboot the cameras. Check SADP to see the new LAN IP addresses, on the router add these to the fixed IP address table.

What is your LAN router IP address?

David

Back