01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-9664NI-I8 unresponsive

Mark Simpson

Upgraded our DS-9664NI-I8 to V1.4.64 and remote playback slowed to a crawl. Reverting to V4.1.63_190111 is not much better... just the Playback tab is incredibly slow now.

I upgraded because we were having to reboot every 3 weeks as the systems would slow to a crawl. It was better then than any updated firmware we've put on since. :'(

Have you tried V4.2.1?
I have no feedback yet - only published this 15mins ago.

Just trying it now Phil. Slow initially so trying flushing caches...

Hmm really really slow still :(

Can you please let me have some up to date info on your system:
When did problems begin?
Any change that caused that?
How many cameras connected?
Camera resolutions?
CODEC in use?
Clients connecting?
etc

Thanks

Our NVR has always slowly locked up after a few weeks since we had it. Typically pages will start taking an age to load/ the page elements are unresponsive to mouse over effects. With NVR firmware v4.2.1 the Playback screen locks up.
We have 59 cameras connected.
2 types of cameras connected. DS-2CD2342WD-I & DS-2CD2335FWD-I
Codec = H.264. Tried H.265 and had lots of issues resolved by switching all cameras to H.264. H.264+ ON.
Resolution 1920x1080. Frame rate 18. Max Bitrate 4096.
Potenitially 4 clients connecting. 1 Sports centre with 9 cameras permanently monitored with the client software. 3 other of us connecting to the web backend as and when needed.

Sorry for the delay in replying - couldn't get past the Playback screen - It just kept timing out and then forcing a re-login. IE11 responds with "Recover Webpage" which also logs you out. Having a mare here!!

I'd suggest trying to reduce the frame rate, to reduce the burden.
18fps is quite high.
I would happily go as low as 6fps.
It's up to you, you could implement 6fps across the board - to see whether it will actually provide an improvement in performance.
Then, check review / playback and ensure that you are happy.

Wherever you feel it necessary you could increase the fps on a per camera basis.

Playback has been perfect on the old firmware though. Apart from the gradual slowdown after a few weeks... which a re-boot fixed. Nothing like with all the later firmware versions we're trying now.

Most of our YouTube videos were captured to an SD card at 6fps:

This one is an exception, a full-fat test at 4K and 20fps:

Interesting - I remember those well!!

I'll check that 6fps is ok for our more exciting fight scenes.

With all cameras now set to 6fps we still can't access the Playback section :(

Would you be willing & able to let HikVision Tech Support take a look via Team Viewer if I can set something up?

Hi Mark,
I sent you an email with their suggestion (about an hour ago)

Ah sorry gmail doesn't notify me - sorry I hadn't checked for a couple of hours

Hikvision asked us to check the disks - all checked out ok.
Then recommended running a database repair that is available from the top of the Storage > Storage Device page on the locally connected monitor.
They did advise rolling back to fw v4.1.64 before repair - we couldn't get the screen to see what fw we were on - it was V4.21.000 build 190423

Doing this has resulted in a working Playback section of all clients... mobile, PC app and web view.

I'll post back in a few weeks to let you know if the regular slow down is resolved.

Back