01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Playback at max speed without speed loss?

slutandr

The task: I need to playback video from many (8 or more) cameras on max speed (x16 or more if any NVR or software supports it) on my PC (iVMS-4200) without frame and speed loss.
Problem: Playback the main-stream from my NVR (DS-7616NI-K2) at max speed (x16) on my PC results in speed loss (looks like x4 speed), because the CPU (i7-6700) on my PC can't decode the video as fast as I want.
Question:
1. Which Hikvision NVR is able to record main-stream and sub-stream simultaneously? Or maybe you can suggest me any other brand...
2. Will the iVMS-4200 automatically select a sub-stream to playback in iVMS-4200?
3. Which Hikvision NVR can playback at x32 speed in iVMS-4200? Or maybe you can suggest me any other brand...
4. My NVR allows for a maximum of 2 hours of instant playback in iVMS-4200. Сan I choose the date and time in instant playback mode without going into Remote playback tab?

P.S. I am looking at the HikCentral. Maybe the option with HikCentral + Pstor will be a good solution. Or any another solution.
I would be glad to hear your thoughts)

Back