01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 IP Camera Recording not visible via iVMS-4200?

st0rmcloud

Hello all

Setup:
1x NVR - DS-7608NI with 4x Cameras of which one is a PTZ with two channels (so 5 Camera views altogether). The 4 cameras are connected directly to the NVR on its own local IP as per the NVR settings. The NVR is on its own VLAN (there are no internal routing issues).

I've now bought 1x DS-2CD2087G2, but connected to the LAN this time and the NVR can see it. It has its own IP address and can view etc...

My issue is the "recording". Albeit it is recording to the NVR HDD, I cannot see any playback in iVMS. I get a consistent message "Main Stream playback failed (No record file found. Check if the stream is configured with recording schedule). Also, on the iVMS when all cameras are on display, all apart from this IP Camera camera has a red camera on the top right of each image which is "recording".

The recording schedule is fine, albeit it cannot see the NVR HDD from its own GUI as it's not "in" the NVR direct.

I'm not sure where else to look in any of the settings, but it's doing my head in.

Attached is the "Device Status" on the iVMS-4200 Device screen. You can see under the NVR cameras it says "recording" but on its own "Device Status" it says it's not.

Help?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 98
Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but I had an issue this week with one of my NVRs giving the "no record file found" in iVMS playback. The calendar chooser in playback showed that there were recordings present for the date/s in question (the small blue triangles on the calendar dates), but nothing would play. I had to reboot the NVR and restart iVMS to get it to work.

If you have not rebooted NVR already then I would try that first.

Hi there - thanks for the response.

I've rebooted the NVR a couple of times, and still no joy. I can see the recordings via the Online browser, but not in iVMS just for the one camera that is on the LAN and not connected to the NVR directly.

Picture of the NVR attached, should that help identify the issue (hoping)!

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 82
Back