01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision removed firmware from their website?

LoinKing

I've been using hikvision's global website to download firmware for cameras/nvr (I'm not in EU), but it seems like they recently removed the firmware from their website. E.g. There used to be a firmware entry below the specs table: DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL

But now its gone. I tried search Support -> Firmware page as well and its not showing any results for DS-2CD2387G2h-LISU/SL. Where are we supposed to get the firmware now?

I think it may be because the firmware showing on the Global website pages / firmware search would not have been correct for all regions, so they've taken much of it down.

Which region are you in please?

If you select your region using the button in the top-right corner of the website, and then use the search in Support>Firmware, you'll find the correct firmware link for your DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL and region.

Several weeks ago the heading/link ‘Network Products’ was removed from the global firmware page. So a search for any IP camera or NVR will return no results.

What an odd decision, don't understand it!
As @Kyle explained, it may be to prevent users accidentally accessing the wrong firmware for their device due to regional differences. However as certain models were listed there that are not available in the UK anymore, and the portals are no longer up to date, there is now no consistent location to find the newest (or previous versions) of device firmware. It’s not too bad for current models but a mess if you’re maintaining discontinued devices.

On Europe Portal and UK Portal the firmware for example G5 2xxxG2(C) and H is the same for all models. There is no difference between DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL and DS-2CD2387G2H-LI(U) firmwares. Microphone or speaker is detected or not detected during installation.
I can speak only for EU firmware but as I can see there is also no difference in file size between one same firmware downloaded from EU Portal and another dowloaded from Camera Global web page. Just a different name. There is only a delay period to upload the newest firmware on EU portal. At least this is what I see for DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU and DS-2CD2047G2-L
I think that the firmware is the same with all others G5 platform 2XX7G2H on same region.

Last edited:
I think it may be because the firmware showing on the Global website pages / firmware search would not have been correct for all regions, so they've taken much of it down.

Which region are you in please?

If you select your region using the button in the top-right corner of the website, and then use the search in Support>Firmware, you'll find the correct firmware link for your DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL and region.

I'm in MENA region but I usually download firmware from the Global-EN - because it usually has all camera/nvr models listed regardless of availability in local market. I did try switching to MENA and several other regions but it seems like firmware for certain products are gone now. For example firmware link for 2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL is removed from product page, but page for 7616NXI-K2 still has the firmware download link. Even for older cameras the firmware download links are still present for example.

Thanks @LoinKing - I'll ask UK support if they can shed light on where you should get the firmware for those devices in your region, but I recommend you email support.mena@hikvision.com too asking the question, as they'll be better placed to advise.

I think Hikvision is not a good option if you want to view it outside of your house. There's so many problems with their Hik-Connect specially for the 7204HUHI series.

I think Hikvision is not a good option if you want to view it outside of your house. There's so many problems with their Hik-Connect specially for the 7204HUHI series.

Mine NVR & Hikconnect been working flawlessly for years, although not 7204HUHI - which is a discontinued model so maybe doesn't have the processing power etc.

Back