01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I fine tune motion the detection area?

Carphone

Hi All,

i am trying to fine tune the grid / area i use for motion detection on my colorVu camera (trying to reduce the false alerts at night in particular).

Although when watching live view from my browser I can see the squares that have triggered motion alerts, I cant see these same indicators when watching the motion on playback (browser to NVR).

Just wondered if there is a way to view which squares are being alerted on video playback? If so i will see if i can further reduce my motion detection area selection to reduce false alarms. Or do i just need to sit and watch it in live view mode and sit patiently to figure this out lol!

Many Thanks

Dan

4 channel K series NVR and 4MP ColorVu camera

Hi @Carphone

If you are viewing the NVR using Internet Explorer you can go to Configuration > Local > Enable 'Rules' and this will display onscreen event information during live view & Playback.

Unfortunately, with Motion detection, it will only highlight the moving object (e.g. put a box around it) and won't display the triggered squares as it is laid out in the event settings.

Motion detection is probably the most basic smart event and so there is very little you can do to make it more accurate, you can reduce/increase the detection area or increase/decrease the sensitivity of detection, but it is still far more prone to false & inaccurate detection than other smart events like line crossing or intrusion detection. We recommend trialling some of the other smart events as one of these may better suit the accuracy you need.

@Carphone in most circumstances motion detection is useless. As @Dan says use smart events like intrusion detection etc, they are vastly superior.

Back