01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trying to tweak my setup to get motion detection tagging in the timeline?

mattyc491

Hello All,

I'm trying to tweak my current setup so that I have motion detection triggering constantly in the background tagging relevant motion events of the whole camera area so that when I log into the web GUI I can then quickly see where motion was at say 2am when I was asleep. At the same time I have setup intrusion detection in areas where I immediately want notifying.

At present Motion detection is setup as follows but as you can see in the final picture during playback no motion event are tagged even though (I think) all the settings have been correctly ticked.

Am I missing something obvious?

NVR.png
Camera.png

#1.png

#2.png

#3.png
#4.png
#5.png

Attachments

• #3.png
    #3.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi @mattyc491

Unfortunately, it is not possible when using the browser GUI to get event markers in the playback timeline when recording continuously. This feature was supported several years ago but was removed by Hikvision because they claimed it made the browser access unstable.

If you want to be able to playback event triggers quickly, the best thing to do would be to get the NVR & camera added to the Hik-Connect mobile app which can receive event notifications and allows you to scroll through past event triggers.

Upvote 1
Hello Dan,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.

That's fine, alternatively would using iVMS 4200 support event markers?
If so how would I go about doing this?

Upvote 0
Hi @mattyc491

Yes, it should be possible in iVMS-4200 to search a specific date/time for smart events you have enabled and results should be displayed in the playback timeline.

Upvote 0
I've had a look at the software and when I go to events and playback I have a search button but the human and vehicle toggles at the bottom are in orange and aren't clickable.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Back