01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How To Access Onvif (Sricam) Remotely?

abrogard

From a browser - firefox - rather than command line though I'd be interested in that, too.

What URL to put in the command line?

I have my local wifi onvif cameras on a home lan and I have them port forwarded and I've tried forwarding port 80 and I've tried forwarding 554 and couldn't get a connection either way. We have a fixed IP so that bit is no problem.

Sricam are not a lot of help, I find. Their instructions are difficult for me to understand and seem to involve smartphones (which I don't have) and logging into a sricam site (which I don't see the need for).

I just discovered that Onvif itself is no help either.

I'd have thought they'd be anxious to let people know how easily (?) you can communicate with Onvif cameras.

But perhaps they can't because you can't. Anyone know? :)

We have no experience with that manufacturer's products.
You should (normally) just be able to put the IP camera's IP address into the address bar of your browser (Internet Explorer is still the most dependable) and then be presented with a login screen (typically requesting a user name and password).
Some network cameras are now made specifically for App/QR Code setup with smart phones and that can make PC access challenging.

This ONVIF tool 'may' shed some light for you:

Back