01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to find the encryption password for my DS-7104HUHI-K1 DVR?

progmaster

I set up Hikvision cameras with Hik-Partner Pro and Hik-Connect apps.
When providing access to Hik-Connect account, the device is shared with corresponding view and playback permissions, however the camera thumbnails are locked and a popup appears with the message:
"Input the encryption password. The video is encrypted. Contact the administrator to get the password."
When googleing, I find the standard solution : "Log into the recorder and go to configuration > network > advanced > platform access".
However there is no corresponding menu and no settings for adding encryption password in Hik-Partner Pro. Seems this manual is outdated for older versions of software.
WHat is the solution?

I set up Hikvision cameras with Hik-Partner Pro and Hik-Connect apps.
When providing access to Hik-Connect account, the device is shared with corresponding view and playback permissions, however the camera thumbnails are locked and a popup appears with the message:
"Input the encryption password. The video is encrypted. Contact the administrator to get the password."
When googleing, I find the standard solution : "Log into the recorder and go to configuration > network > advanced > platform access".
However there is no corresponding menu and no settings for adding encryption password in Hik-Partner Pro. Seems this manual is outdated for older versions of software.
WHat is the solution?
It's there, not sure why you can't see it - possibly an older model/firmware DVR where 'encryption password' is shown as 'verification code'. If it's a really old model the verification code will be on the label, on the underside of the DVR. But you can simply switch off encryption in the Hik-Connect app (select NVR > 3 dot menu > Settings > 'Image and Video Encryption' - Turn off.

Hik Partner Pro is an installer app....there should be no need to use it for end user and Hikvision 'attempt' to block non installers from registering

The DVR model is DS-7104HUHI-K1. There is no code or password on its underside. In the Hik-Connect app, when I select dots menu -> settings, I see only this. Can't understand why the screens are different.

photo_2023-08-19_21-38-38.jpg

You should be able to enable/disable stream encryption directly on the recorder but it differs between models and I've not used that one. Using the recorder menu (directly on the recorder using the mouse, not the web browser) In Settings > Network > Advanced > Platform Access (may be HiDDNS on old model) and turn off encryption there.

As said, there was no need to use the Hik Partner Pro app unless you're an installer. Another possibility is that you've registered the DVR using Hik Partner Pro but have not 'handed over' the system to your Hik-Connect account. If so, the 'owner' of your system is your Hik-partner pro account

Thanks for the detailed steps.
I handed over the device, so I have both hik connect and hik partner pro. Hik connect account can see the device, but camera views are locked. ( When I was setting it up, it prompted to install hik partner pro, I did not know that this is not end-user app).

In the settings -> network -> advanced access there is no encryption, nor HiDDNS. There is only TCP/IP, DDNS ( disabled), Port and NAT tabs. I purchased the device recently, don't know if this is new or old model.

Thanks for the detailed steps.
I handed over the device, so I have both hik connect and hik partner pro. Hik connect account can see the device, but camera views are locked. ( When I was setting it up, it prompted to install hik partner pro, I did not know that this is not end-user app).

In the settings -> network -> advanced access there is no encryption, nor HiDDNS. There is only TCP/IP, DDNS ( disabled), Port and NAT tabs. I purchased the device recently, don't know if this is new or old model.
Somewhere in the menus (on the monitor connected to the HDMI output) you will find 'Verification Code' and if you input that in your app you are sorted. However you can definitely turn off 'Stream Encryption' on the recorder (again using a monitor connected to the HDMI output not a web browser) so that you do not need that verification code. Usually you'll enter it once when registering the device to the Hik Partner Pro or Hik Connect account - it's required to verify that you own the device and haven't just got the serial number.

Thank you so much @JB1970 , that was the solution. The DVR menu (through the monitor connected to the device) contains the verification code!
No problem. The operation varies between models and firmwares.

On some models when you enable Hik-Connect via web browser, stream encryption gets enabled by default along with the service; however you can immediately uncheck the encryption option on the browser page. On other models, stream encryption still gets enabled by default with Hik-Connect, but the tick box for stream encryption doesn't exist in the browser page and there's no option but to use the local monitor to disable it.

Back