01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry How to set the password to open a door KD8003?

asafalfa

Hi,
Both DS-KD8003-IME1 and DS-KH9510-WTE1 are connected and operational.

I also have an electric lock that can be opened via the screen; when I press the electric look to open the door, it displays "the door is open" and opens the door.

But I cannot locate the password setting for the keypad.

KD8003's firmware version is V2.2.62 build 230204, and I configure it using iVMS-4200.

Please advise,
Asaf

Hi @asafalfa

Do you have a keypad module (DS-KD-KP) connected to the KD8003 Intercom?

here you go:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 173
Sure, I do have the KeyPad. (KD-KP)

Thank you for the capture - I did, in fact, set a password and observed two things:

1. When I enter a password and then select Edit, the password is not saved.

2. I've set my password to 121212, but when I input #121212#, nothing happens. I've also tried *#121212#, but nothing happens either time.

I'm attempting to determine what I'm doing incorrectly, as it appears the password is not being stored:/.

Please advise,
Asaf

Also when entering #121212#, do you hear a sound ? It should be 2 beeps (Incorrect code)

i think i use the newest one - V3.9.0.5 Is it right ?

I do hear the sound when i entering each digit but no response in the end as you saying "2 beeps" :/

That version is ok, when entering incorrect code, I hear indeed a beep beep tone...
If your password is not saved, it should be the same beep

No, the password is not stored in the iVMS configuration page (kd8003)

I honestly have no idea why...
I attempted to delete the two public credentials and recreate them in lock1 and lock2, respectively.
I entered 121212...
Returned to the keypad but found nothing:/

Not sure how to identify the problem, any suggestions?

Remarks is saved but not the password

Oh my goodness, I'm thinking about it now!
Each Keypad includes a DIP Switch...

And I do have two intercom-equipped entrances...

Am I correct in assuming that the DIP switch address should not be the same?

Could this possibly be the cause of my problems?

How did u resolve it at the end? I have the same problem, I have 2 DS-KD8003 installed at my home but only one of them is connected with a door. After setting up the password in IVMS, #123456# cannot open the door lock. I assume you had same problem as me initially, so just wondering how did you resolve it at the end? Thank you

How did u resolve it at the end? I have the same problem, I have 2 DS-KD8003 installed at my home but only one of them is connected with a door. After setting up the password in IVMS, #123456# cannot open the door lock. I assume you had same problem as me initially, so just wondering how did you resolve it at the end? Thank you
Hello , had the same problem. I had all set as should also in IVMs. I fixed it only with one funny thing. I tried first adjusting DIP switch (from default to 1 module) while the keypad module was connected to DS-KD8003 >>> THIS WAS WRONG
So I disconnected the keypad set again DIP and connected back to main camera and it finally STARTED to WORK.

Back