01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to view events on phone or browser?

RoundSquare

Im currently using the DS-7616NI-12 NVR and have 1 camera connected to it.

Its on its default settings as I previously changed a couple of things and it wasn't recording any events.

On the NVR I like to watch the events that have happened. when I come in from work.

The NVR just moves from red line to red line showing any even it has recorded.

However when playing back on my phone via Hik-Connect or via web browser there are no smart events marked. I can play recordings but nothing is marked to say there has been an event.

Am I missing a setting or do I need to set up a smart event like line crossing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im currently using the DS-7616NI-12 NVR and have 1 camera connected to it.

Its on its default settings as I previously changed a couple of things and it wasn't recording any events.

On the NVR I like to watch the events that have happened. when I come in from work.

The NVR just moves from red line to red line showing any even it has recorded.

However when playing back on my phone via Hik-Connect or via web browser there are no smart events marked. I can play recordings but nothing is marked to say there has been an event.

Am I missing a setting or do I need to set up a smart event like line crossing?
No you're not missing anything. It'll work the way describe when viewing the footage in Smart Playback on the NVR, but you can't do that (skipping from event to event) in Hik Connect or using the web viewer, while playing continuously.

All is not lost....With the Hik Connect app, if the NVR is registered and connected using the Hik Connect service method, then once you've selected playback in the app, you can click Event Playback at the bottom of the screen. That will bring up a list of thumbnail images for each day and you can click through the clips individually. However..... if you've added the NVR using its IP address or a Dynamic DNS service, then that Event Playback is not available in the app.

Thanks for the reply @JB1970
I've registered ti with Hik Connect service using the QR code and can find the menu you are talking about however there are no ntifications in the events playback.

Thanks for the reply @JB1970
I've registered ti with Hik Connect service using the QR code and can find the menu you are talking about however there are no ntifications in the events playback.
I take it you have notifications enabled in the settings for the site within HikConnect:

- view your site in HikConnect app
- click the 3 dots in the top right corner
- Settings
- Notitification
- Select whether to receive events only or events and push notifications

Bear in mind you'll only be able to view events - that is those motion detection, line crossing, intrusion events that you've already (or not) configured for each camera on your system. It won't display Smart Playback like the NVR - which just uses the cameras Dual VCA setting to display motion.

Bear in mind you'll only be able to view events - that is those motion detection, line crossing, intrusion events that you've already (or not) configured for each camera on your system. It won't display Smart Playback like the NVR - which just uses the cameras Dual VCA setting to display motion.

Yes I have notifications set to on.
Ive not altered any settings on the NVR since I got it so its completely default.
I take it the motion settings its already set up with won't include the detections you have mentioned? Thus why I'm not getting any notifications?

It kind of makes sense now. Thanks

Yes I have notifications set to on.
Ive not altered any settings on the NVR since I got it so its completely default.
I take it the motion settings its already set up with won't include the detections you have mentioned? Thus why I'm not getting any notifications?

It kind of makes sense now. Thanks
Correct. What you’re doing on the NVR while watching the monitor/TV is Smart Playback. It uses metadata sent from the camera along with the video stream and allows the NVR to search and pick out motion etc retrospectively during playback. There’s an option in the cameras “Enable Dual VCA” that is switched on by default on many cameras that facilitates this.

Going into the settings in the NVR to Events will allow you to enable and setup motion detection and/or line crossing and/or intrusion detection on each camera (whichever is most appropriate to your setup) With that setup and the Notify Surveillance Center option enabled in the event Linkage Actions, those events will ping through to your phone as events and push notifications and you’ll be able to view them in the list I mentioned.

With your events configured you can decide whether to keep Dual VCA enabled in the cameras or disable it.

Apologies @JB1970 as Ive been away for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for your input I'll give that a try when I get a minute.

Back