01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

If you are planning to buy Hikvision DVR then don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1711447268374.png

Does someone have any knowledge on how to put the Hikvision DVR to VMS Application?

Im afraid there is no edit from my post and I could not even delete it?
I was only joking, even I have been to known to have a rant at times on here.. The forum is set up so that you can't edit or delete posts until you get to a certain number of posts

I was only joking, even I have been to known to have a rant at times on here.. The forum is set up so that you can't edit or delete posts until you get to a certain number of posts

There's been a couple of your threads about M-series firmware updates that almost made me send you a case of American Whiskey.

View attachment 10823

This is what you get when you try to view your Hikvision device outside of your home network! It is so bad! DS-7204HUHI-M1/E series a trash DVR.
I have fitted, many Hik-Vision systems, some where the cameras are 3 miles from the NVR, no issues, however as others have said it could be a variety of issues. It’s a friendly place, just ask..

There's been a couple of your threads about M-series firmware updates that almost made me send you a case of American Whiskey.

Now you're talking - I'm not a Whiskey drinker but Gentleman Jack or the Silver Barrel have been known to calm me down a little. I could do with some now, I've just had a meltdown with Amazon refusing to let me return a brand new item that's knackered.
I have fitted, many Hik-Vision systems, some where the cameras are 3 miles from the NVR, no issues,
lol - I'd recommend sticking with the 100m ethernet limit :)

Now you're talking - I'm not a Whiskey drinker but Gentleman Jack or the Silver Barrel have been known to calm me down a little. I could do with some now, I've just had a meltdown with Amazon refusing to let me return a brand new item that's knackered.

Wireless bridge and Poe switch ;) why stick with cable alone when cows are several miles away

Wireless bridge and Poe switch ;) why stick with cable alone when cows are several miles away
One of my early wireless jobs in about 2006 was for similar. A farmer who lived a couple of miles away from his herd in North Yorkshire needed to keep an eye on the shed with a PTZ camera when they were calving in case they got into difficulty. Back then it was an analogue system and we just sent the video and RS485 keyboard data over the link. IP has made things so much easier.

The "other" site is mainly for pros and installers. This site is really for beginners and DIY people. Dan and the crew can only handle so much, so I think we all very much appreciate someone of your caliber taking the time to help us. Many thanks, JB.

The forum is set up so that you can't edit or delete posts until you get to a certain number of posts
Even after a certain number of posts there is only a window of thirty minutes to edit or delete, after that, for me at least, the options are gone.

Even after a certain number of posts there is only a window of thirty minutes to edit or delete, after that, for me at least, the options are gone.
I think I can edit after that. Every time I see I've mistyped 'the' as 'teh' in a post I correct it (I do that many times daily!)

Dan and the crew can only handle so much, so I think we all very much appreciate someone of your caliber taking the time to help us. Many thanks, JB.
So true.
I am only getting round to reading this thread for the first time 5 days late!!
It's been a busy EOY at use-IP HQ.
Thanks all for your contributions here.

BTW - the limits on re-visiting and editing your Posts was because spammers would Post perfectly sensible things then come back at any future date and add-in all sorts of dodgy links (there was no automated way of detecting those edits, until we just stumbled across them).

I am going to leave this thread's subject 'as is' - I think it has a nice click-bait effect.
e.g. OP says Hik are no good; pile-on of wise & experienced owners say otherwise :)

Have a Good Easter break all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back