01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

If you are planning to buy Hikvision DVR then don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel5

1711260024910.png

This is what you get when you try to view your Hikvision device outside of your home network! It is so bad! DS-7204HUHI-M1/E series a trash DVR.

There are many factors affecting remote access to home networks. If DVR local operation is ok, the DVR is ok.

David
I tried all resources to make the remote live view work flawlessly but I only make it work whenever I tried to try to refresh it 100 times before it work for 5 minutes again I need to refresh the stream 100 times getting OpenSDK error all the time!

This is a forum for asking questions and hopefully getting support/help. It is not for raging/ranting.

I suggest you delete your post and re-post without the rant, politely asking for help with your problem and more importantly giving some actual information about your problem.

This is a forum for asking questions and hopefully getting support/help. It is not for raging/ranting.

I suggest you delete your post and re-post without the rant, politely asking for help with your problem and more importantly giving some actual information about your problem.
The problem cannot be fixed in so many different options I've gathered. The Hik-Connect live stream is very unreliable!

I just threw one of my Hikvision DVR in the garbage as it is worthless! I tried to replace it with a different Hikvision DVR and still the live view stream via Hik-Connect 5 MINUTES view does not work! I have to repeat refreshing the iVMS GUI before it appears.

I just threw one of my Hikvision DVR in the garbage as it is worthless!
Not sure why, here are a few suggestions.....

Using the device you use for remote access....

On your local network test HD and SD playback, both should be error free. If you see playback problems, move closer, not too close, to your wifi router. If you still have problems try another device.

I understand your frustration but constructive feedback would help.

David

Not sure why, here are a few suggestions.....

Using the device you use for remote access....

On your local network test HD and SD playback, both should be error free. If you see playback problems, move closer, not too close, to your wifi router. If you still have problems try another device.

I understand your frustration but constructive feedback would help.

David
Thank you for your understanding David, I really appreciate it so much, I checked the status of Hik-Connect and it is online but when I tried to access it remotely I got those error multiple times before I can view it for a little time.

This is what you get when you try to view your Hikvision device outside of your home network! It is so bad! DS-7204HUHI-M1/E series a trash DVR.
That's not the case. I've been installing Hikvision DVRs and NVRs for 10 years without remote connection issues.
The problem cannot be fixed in so many different options I've gathered. The Hik-Connect live stream is very unreliable!
It's very reliable if the unit is setup correctly and the network connection is working correctly
I just threw one of my Hikvision DVR in the garbage as it is worthless! I tried to replace it with a different Hikvision DVR and still the live view stream via Hik-Connect 5 MINUTES view does not work! I have to repeat refreshing the iVMS GUI before it appears.
So you threw your toys out of the pram and the DVR in the trash. The fact that you have had the same issue with two different models points to an issue with your network, your setup or possibly iVMS. It could even be the PC that you're using for iVMS.

That's not the case. I've been installing Hikvision DVRs and NVRs for 10 years without remote connection issues.

It's very reliable if the unit is setup correctly and the network connection is working correctly

So you threw your toys out of the pram and the DVR in the trash. The fact that you have had the same issue with two different models points to an issue with your network, your setup or possibly iVMS. It could even be the PC that you're using for iVMS.
I suspect the trolls are bored.

As above - the problems you appear to have had would likely be down to the way it was set up. Sometimes you need the knowledge of how some things in Hikvision are set up to ensure a trouble-free user experience. Sometimes someone that thinks they know what they're doing, gets it wrong, and ends up saying it's trash, when it's user error. However as you're just ranting and not asking questions, you're probably past the point of getting support and having a system that works very well. Hikvision has its quirks - but generally tends to be fairly reliable in my own experience - with 7 NVR's running flawlessly here at various locations, all with hassle-free remote access.

1711294959029.png

can someone tell me what is the best solution for this error? Thanks in advance

I can sympathize with the desire to body slam a piece of electronics into the garbage can.
I no longer have a Samsung printer (or any printer for that matter) following some disappointment with its intermittent performance. Its ridiculously flakey WiFi setup led to me throwing it to the carpeted floor. When I deemed the damage sustained was insufficient to satisfy my rage, I repeated the process on the concrete drive then gave it a good kicking (just for good measure)

it is iDS-7204HUHI-M1/E and I think there may be a problem in the Hik-Connect network.

it is iDS-7204HUHI-M1/E and I think there may be a problem in the Hik-Connect network.
Although there are glitches from time to time, as with any big company, I'm confident your problems are not related to either the hardware being at fault, or their network, but your setup.

Are you accessing the NVR through its dedicated menu via a mouse connected to the unit and vieiwing it on screen - or are you accessing via web browser on the same network? If so - which browser are you using?

What device are you trying to remote view from? Are you connecting via mobile phone 4g/5g data or via a wifi connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back