01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intercom and Gate connection - would I need an electrical certification for the setup?

hikvisionMe

Hi, i have an abstract/unrelated question.

I asked a question on a different thread which helped me setup a DS-KV8113 outdoor station and DS-KH9510 indoor station, thanks to everyone who helped.

Since I use the intercom to control a side gate (maglock) and a sliding gate (Nice motor), I've ran an amoured cable from the house to the gate; this cable is carrying 230v to a junction box at the gate and extended using a 3 pin Wago connector.
So the 230v from the house run into a box and connected into a Wago connector, from the Wago connected a 1.5mm cable is run to the motor. From the same Wago connector a 12v adaptor is also connected to power the outdoor station and the maglock.

The sliding gate motor is technically a 24v motor but requires a 230v input (I'd assume a transformer within the case).

My question here is, with this set up, would I need an electrical certification for the setup and if so, would the Wago connectors used pass when I get an electrician to certify the setup.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I need to make sure it's upto standard before I pour a concrete bed to cover the pipes underneath.

Thanks.

Back