01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Interesting Hik Connect feature - disabled alarm notifications re-arm at midnight

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I can't believe I haven't noticed this before. One feature in the app allows you to disable alarm notifications (NOT push notifications) for whatever reason - for example, you are at home during the day when normally your NVR schedule would cause line crossing/intrusion alarms. If you disable alarm notifications and forget to re-arm them, the app resets at midnight and re-arms the alarm notifications.

With work at home lately, I find myself having to disable alarm notifications so I am not inundated with alerts when moving about outside during the day. I'd rather do that than reprogram my NVR schedule. But then I noticed that if I forgot to re-arm it before going to bed, starting after midnight the alarms would function as normal. Sure enough, going into the Hik Connect app shows the alarm notification toggle back to "on." Kinda cool

The above post was on the old version of the app. Downloaded the new version, 4.3, and it has the same behavior.

I cannot find anything in HikConnect - where is it and how is it called??

See attached images

Attachments

• AE60BA4E-5046-4876-8EB0-69A5B30D5316.jpeg
    AE60BA4E-5046-4876-8EB0-69A5B30D5316.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,110
  • 33EB42A5-E2E9-4314-B178-0206C6F4FF6F.jpeg
    33EB42A5-E2E9-4314-B178-0206C6F4FF6F.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,058
  • F220FBD6-3228-4997-96CC-C31F4F0C07AB.png
    F220FBD6-3228-4997-96CC-C31F4F0C07AB.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 975
I have mine on NOT push notifications and mine has never reset back to notifications after midnight. Not sure how to get that on, this would annoy me to be honest having to turn it off every day. I would rather just go on the app and enable it myself as and when needed.

I'm with you Paul.
I'm actually reading ISAPI manual these days to figure out if there is easy way to arm/disarm all cameras in one go (kind of typical alarm system). Also get alarm notifications to other systems like Smartthings. Not easy reading as it is quite dry manual with no working examples. If I find something that works I'll share...

Paul - keep in mind this is not disabling push notifications. It's disabling alarm notifications. It's a handy temporary fix to unplanned activity around the house when you would normally have recordings and alarms. If you foresee long term changes to your schedule, you should reprogram the actual recording schedule in the NVR.

I think the "reset at midnight" feature is great. It's easy to forget that you've disabled alarms and then perhaps go days before realizing they've been set to off. I've tested this several days in a row and it resets to "on" at midnight every night.

Last edited:
No problem Paul. Another thing to consider:

If you disable push notifications, all that does is keep the LED on your phone from blinking. The app is still logging all those alarm notifications so that when you go back into the app, there are piles of notifications that you have to clear.

By disabling alarm notifications, the app does not even register any of those alarms. So when you go back into the app there's not a bunch of alarms that need to be cleared.

I normally would not use this feature very often. But with the recent stay at home orders, we are here almost every day. Any of our activity in camera range would set off alarm notifications all day. So this little "off" feature is cool because it prevents all those alarms, but then resets back to "on" at night. Not that big of a deal I guess, but kinda cool.

Yes, I tend to only turn on the notifications if I go on holiday, or out the hours all day etc otherwise I manually check the notifications tab and scroll through for anything suspicious. I tend to keep the notifications tab clear to avoid missing something out of the ordinary. As I have set up line detection and spent a number of hours fine tuning it I don’t get an awful lot.

So, I've been testing this and the setting definitely doesn't reset overnight. Which is actually good (I would be annoyed if I have to keep switching it off every day).
I tried disabling push notifications (just kept "Receive Events but NOT push Notifications") or disabling Notifications completely. In all cases it stays that way

I can't believe I haven't noticed this before. One feature in the app allows you to disable alarm notifications (NOT push notifications) for whatever reason - for example, you are at home during the day when normally your NVR schedule would cause line crossing/intrusion alarms. If you disable alarm notifications and forget to re-arm them, the app resets at midnight and re-arms the alarm notifications.

With work at home lately, I find myself having to disable alarm notifications so I am not inundated with alerts when moving about outside during the day. I'd rather do that than reprogram my NVR schedule. But then I noticed that if I forgot to re-arm it before going to bed, starting after midnight the alarms would function as normal. Sure enough, going into the Hik Connect app shows the alarm notification toggle back to "on." Kinda cool
Hi boys,

I had this problem too, it still exist and i update the hik-connect app on iphone 11 pro with 16.02 iOS.

So still bad, can we fix somehow?

Regards,
Attila

Hi!

Since I updated my 7208huhi-m1/s to v4.70.111_220609, this function disappeared from my dvr. Now I am receiving hundreds of alerts because of me walking in front of my cameras. Before notifications were set from 21h-06h only … Kind of annoying ….

On my DS-7608-I2/8P which I didn’t updated since a while, this function is still available.

Do you know if there is a chance to downgrade the DVR?

HIKVision support is not reacting to any mail ….

While this feature is useful, the hikconnect notification setup is still far from ideal. Say I don't want to receive notifications, so I can use the disable events button you mention. However, this will stop notifications from being sent by the nvr to all hikconnect apps e.g. my phone, my partner's etc.

Fine you might think. Don't disable notification events on the NVR, but disable push notifications in the app itself. That doesn't work because it applies to all devices. I don't want to receive NVR notifications but I will ALWAYS want intercom notifications for someone ringing the video doorbell.

Really frustrates me such a large global manufacture can make brilliant hardware, and decent software, but not think about the UX and implement trivial features like this.

Having installed a number of cameras around my property a few years ago, I tend to use this feature in the app i.e. turn it off during the day, however, one day, if Hikvision ever produce a decent colorvu dome camera with 2 way audio, or a decent colorvu video doorbell with 2 way audio (not an intercom), I would be very tempted to purchase and install one of these to monitor my front door. BUT, as nathanb has said, I would actually want this camera/doorbell to alert me via the app, even when alerts from other cameras are turned off. This would definitely require changes to the Hikvision Connect app.

Having installed a Ring Video Doorbell recently at my in-laws (so WE can monitor visitors), it's actually a very neat device and I'm amazed Hikvision haven't stepped up and produced something similar, but which records on the NVR just like any other camera. Having to pay a subscription and not being able to connect the Ring Doorbell to my NVR is the only reason I haven't purchased one.

which records on the NVR just like any other camera
Not sure about Hikvision doorbells, but you can record directly from the intercom cameras to the NRV. It's just another Hikvision camera added to one of the NVR channels. I have mine recording 24/7

Not sure about Hikvision doorbells, but you can record directly from the intercom cameras to the NRV. It's just another Hikvision camera added to one of the NVR channels. I have mine recording 24/7
I looked at the Hikvision intercom systems, but they are far more than I need. Just a doorbell with a camera would be adequate. Or even a camera with two way audio, but it would also need some form of protection as it would be mounted in a front door porch and so easily accessible to visitors. A decent small format, secure dome camera with colorvu and two way audio would do he trick, but again, Hikvision don't seem to make these!

Back