01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please Read: Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Being Retired on June 15th 2022 - How Will I Access My Hikvision System?

As we have been aware for many years, Windows has been slowly running down support for Internet Explorer. Last year they confirmed that IE11 would be completely retired from Windows 10 on June 15th 2022, after this date IE11 desktop application will no longer work and users will be redirected to use Edge.

Lots of users will also be aware that Hikvision products have been reliant on IE for browser access for many years, even with our and other users' repeated requests for a complete solution for Hikvision products to work in modern browsers the solution has been slow coming.

With the June 15th date fast approaching Hikvision has released the attached documents that explain 3 main methods for browser access going forward and which models support which method, the methods are listed below:

1. Non-plug-in service (For modern browser access, not all models support this method)
2. Local service (Plug-in required)
3. IE compatibility mode on Edge browser

Some of the oldest Hikvision models may not support any of the above methods, if that is the case then you will have to use Hikvision's desktop VMS software - iVMS-4200 - to access your Hikvision devices.

This is not the simple, clean solution we were hoping for from Hikvision and we are sure there will be issues discovered along the way, but it is a first step and hopefully means that all Hikvision users will have some way to access their systems going forward.

If you do run into any problems or have any questions please share them below and we will try to get the answers for you.

Attachments

• Alternative Strategies for Internet Explorer Web Services.pdf
    331.5 KB · Views: 755
  • Service Support Chart for Frontend and Backend.pdf
    1,017 KB · Views: 594
  • How to enable IE compatibility mode on Microsoft Edge.pdf
    803.9 KB · Views: 624
The IE compatibility mode from edge is not working good with the hikvision cameras!

I use the Avant Browser (Multi Mode Browsers Engine) in Portable Build 3 (No Installation needed)

You can define IE11 as standard. This works fine for me under win11!

Interesting Safari doesn't work for me, what did you do to get it working?

What OS are you running, I have an M1 Mac, and I opened Safari and just typed in the NVR's IP address.

CleanShot 2022-10-07 at 12.49.12.jpg

I'm on an Intel Mac Mini running Monterey 12.6, and I get the plugin message..... This happens both in Safari and also the Technical preview variant.
Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 11.53.30.jpg

Ah ! sorry !!
I checked my notes on my PC, I installed the following plugin ( this was many moons ago )

Alas this doesn't make any difference on my Mac at all I still get the plugin message.

Alas this doesn't make any difference on my Mac at all I still get the plugin message.
shit. I am a bit busy this weekend, Sunday I should be open, I don't mind to Anydesk into your machine and seeing if we can make it work.

I'll PM you

No great rush, I'm retired so anytime is likely good for me (pending my wife not setting anything up) LOL

Back