01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intruder alarms - Hikvision AX Pro vs Pyronix Enforcer v11?

FlatWh8

Hi all, first post here and think this might be the right place.

I am in the market for an alarm and CCTV system for our under-renovation house. The idea is to have it professionally installed and police and ARC monitored.

I hated being limited by old-school wired systems and envy the flexibility of these new retail wireless systems (Simplisafe, ring) but not their lack of police monitoring. Both Pyronix enforcer and AX Pro came up fitting my choices - wider range of sensors, flexibility for me to add/remove later, and most importantly ability to integrate with Hikvsion NVR (plan to have 4 POE cameras). I wonder if any one knows the answer to my quesitons below:

I am pretty sure Pyronix Enforcer is eligible for Police Monitoring and sold by many installer, Is it right to say AX PRO is not?
Or it technically is and I just need to find a installer who is willing to do it?

Both the enforcer v11 and AX PRO claim they can integrate with Hikvision NVRs, and some say the integration is better for AX PRO. I am puzzled as to what does better integration mean?
Apart from the security system/app can see the cameras, I can hardly think of cases when deeper interaction between the systems is needed.

Hi all, first post here and think this might be the right place.

I am in the market for an alarm and CCTV system for our under-renovation house. The idea is to have it professionally installed and police and ARC monitored.

I hated being limited by old-school wired systems and envy the flexibility of these new retail wireless systems (Simplisafe, ring) but not their lack of police monitoring. Both Pyronix enforcer and AX Pro came up fitting my choices - wider range of sensors, flexibility for me to add/remove later, and most importantly ability to integrate with Hikvsion NVR (plan to have 4 POE cameras). I wonder if any one knows the answer to my quesitons below:

I am pretty sure Pyronix Enforcer is eligible for Police Monitoring and sold by many installer, Is it right to say AX PRO is not?
Or it technically is and I just need to find a installer who is willing to do it?

Both the enforcer v11 and AX PRO claim they can integrate with Hikvision NVRs, and some say the integration is better for AX PRO. I am puzzled as to what does better integration mean?
Apart from the security system/app can see the cameras, I can hardly think of cases when deeper interaction between the systems is needed.
TBH if your house is under renovation I'd be installing the required cabling for a wired system. Even today nothing beats a wired system. Install a hybrid system that has the capability of wireless expansion later.

If you're having it monitored by an ARC then ultimately you'll need to discuss with your installer what they install. Most installers standardise to a specific range whether that be Honeywell Dimension, Eaton (Scantronic), Texecom, Pyronix etc.

For a home user I wouldn't recommend a system with Police response (depending on the home of course your highness). Firstly there is no direct Police monitoring (unless you've had an aggravated burglary and the Police install their own equipment temporarily). The ARC contact the Police and quote a URN (unique reference number) when a confirmed alarm has occurred. There are all sorts of conditions required to make the system compliant in order to remove the possibility of accidental confirmed alarms. I wouldn't bother; the Police are unlikely to attend in a timely manner...

Pyronix Enforcer can be configured for Grade 2 and meets the requirements for sequentially confirmed alarms as does the Euro 46. While your installer may be able to get an ARC to monitor your system for key holder only response, they'd need to be NSI or BSIA accredited and have to be approved by your local Police authority in order to obtain a URN for Police response. Check nsi.org.uk then 'find an NSI approved company' (you want NACOSS Gold) With regard to 'flexibility for me to add/remove later', there is none. As an end user you will not have access to your system in order to access the engineer menus. That's for your installer alone as the standards do not permit it.

Systems can be set up for self monitoring. All major manufacturers have their own apps (Eaton SecureConnect, Pyronix HomeControl2.0, Texecom Connect). While usually comms would be via WiFi or wired ethernet, it is possible to set the systems up with multiple path signalling. I install Pyronix Enforcer/Euro 46 for my customers primarily but my own system is Honeywell Dimension and I use SelfMon to monitor it. Selfmon is very flexible allowing notifications to be sent by Push, e mail, SMS etc and has a path checking facility.

I'm not a fan of the 'hub' based systems such as Hikvision AX Pro, Ajax, Dahua. Having installed alarms for 36 years now (and CCTV for 30) I prefer not to use a CCTV brand that has jumped on the wireless intruder bandwagon.

When it comes to integration between systems I'm not sure what you're after. Hik-Connect will have everything under one app if you use their AX Pro alarm. Pyronix does not; they've been talking about adding Hikvision cameras/NVRs to HomeControl2.0 for some time but it hasn't happened as yet (Pyronix are owned by Hikvision)

Last edited:
This is extremely helpful JB1970.
Most of my neighbors have police URN registered alarms. May just be the fact that our local alarm companies pushed them to be the GOLD standards and most people thought might as well.

I'd definitely want some sort of monitoring centers, as we travel a lot to different time zones. I was however curious as to the difference in performance between the traditional ARC vs the likes of SimpliSafe and Ring which also have monitoring. Those systems, being DIY and Wireless, seem to tick all the boxes apart from the URN (probably not great for installers given the lower revenue...).

Back