01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion Detection setup on my Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1/P DVR?

Andys

I Have a system with a Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1/P with 4 DS-2CE72UF3T-E cameras.
What I’m wanting to know is can the intrusion detection in smart events be set up on more than one channel.
I have tried but get a box up saying “Not Enough Resources “
If my DVR doesn’t support more than one channel does a IDS ?
Thank you and look forward to your replies

From my own limited experience - the more you’re asking the NVR to do - the less likely you are to get intruder detection over more channels. You could try reducing the burden on the processing by lowering the frame rates or reducing the picture quality - I had a basic hi look NVR - and it did what you outlined above - when I reduced the number of tasks it was doing, it then allowed me to have line crossing on two cameras instead of one. It might not work for you - but it seemed to work for me:

Upvote 0
I Have a system with a Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1/P with 4 DS-2CE72UF3T-E cameras.
What I’m wanting to know is can the intrusion detection in smart events be set up on more than one channel.
I have tried but get a box up saying “Not Enough Resources “
If my DVR doesn’t support more than one channel does a IDS ?
Thank you and look forward to your replies
If the NVR has up to date firmware there's usually an option on the first screen to enable "Enhanced VCA". That allows intrusion/line crossing across all cameras but at a cost...it drops the maximum supported resolution from 5 to 2 megapixels.

The iDS model supports it - I've installed a few where I've added a single line crossing alarm to each camera.

Edit - Keep in mind that you've a choice between a PoC DVR or an iDS DVR - there isn't a model with both features. I notice your existing DVR is PoC and your cameras (ending -E) indicate they support PoC. If you've currently only got a coax to each camera and no individual power cable......

Upvote 0
If the NVR has up to date firmware there's usually an option on the first screen to enable "Enhanced VCA". That allows intrusion/line crossing across all cameras but at a cost...it drops the maximum supported resolution from 5 to 2 megapixels.

The iDS model supports it - I've installed a few where I've added a single line crossing alarm to each camera.

Edit - Keep in mind that you've a choice between a PoC DVR or an iDS DVR - there isn't a model with both features. I notice your existing DVR is PoC and your cameras (ending -E) indicate they support PoC. If you've currently only got a coax to each camera and no individual power cable......
Hi, thanks for your reply, the cabling is no problem, so in your honest option do you think I would be better shopping out my DS for a iDS ?

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for your reply, the cabling is no problem, so in your honest option do you think I would be better shopping out my DS for a iDS ?
If you’re wanting to stay with analogue, the iDS is better than the PoC models - far better for alarms. They now support AOC (Audio over Coax) which may be of interest. I’ve tended to avoid the PoC cameras where possible as there are ultra low light models that aren’t available in PoC.

Upvote 0
Back