01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS-4200 Issues with user access after a reboot?

Pantycolin

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help with an issue I am having with the iVMS 4200 software.

I have installed the software on several machines that have user profiles on our Windows server, they work absolutely perfectly until the machine is restarted.

After a restart the software is still there but is looking for me to re-register as a super user even though it already exists, A current work around is to 'repair' the iVMS software, it will then allow me to log back in as usual with the previously setup user credentials.

Any help greatly appreciated, It's driving me crazy!

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help with an issue I am having with the iVMS 4200 software.

I have installed the software on several machines that have user profiles on our Windows server, they work absolutely perfectly until the machine is restarted.

After a restart the software is still there but is looking for me to re-register as a super user even though it already exists, A current work around is to 'repair' the iVMS software, it will then allow me to log back in as usual with the previously setup user credentials.

Any help greatly appreciated, It's driving me crazy!

Thanks
is an ivms-4200 config file file being written to the wrong pc / directory? maybe a permissions problem between the various accounts.

David

Hi both, also having the same issue occur on some of my installs of iVMS-4200.
Any ideas of a possible solution?
I have raised with Hik but they just advised to turn off AV which its not going to be possible.

I am having the exact same problem. after doing a bunch of testing and reinstalling it seems that if the computer is restarted while ivms is opened this is where something gets corrupted and it needs fixing. I've emailed support and they got me to do some testing with older version, but until today this has kept happening. Any one have any solution to this?

Hi @simonb

This is an ongoing issue with iVMS4200 and the plugins.
You may install them, update them, everything to work OK but after reboot or Windows Update, some cameras cannot be viewed in Remote Configuration Settings.
Check Windows Task manager-Startup applications.
There must be two applications, LocalServiceControl.exe and WebPluginService.exe, which must be enabled. If you disabled them once, then even if updating them they will not work after reboot. Enable and reboot to check.

I will check this out, what I noticed is that if the ivms is opened and the system is restarted or forced shut like a power failure, it stops working. I will check these two files and do more testing to see if I can maybe write a PowerShell script to restore or restart these files and restart the system for the user.

If your issue is user credentials, same with Pantycolin, then the plugins will not help.
Plugins are essential for Remote configuration-Basic settings of each device added in iVMS4200.
Credentials issues is another issue that I remember 5 years ago. iVMS did not save them and had to re-enter

Ah ok then yes my issue is the credential stop working. As I mentioned before if I close ivms before restarting the system or force shutdown, all is ok. If i restart the computer or force shutdown while ivms is opened, something happens and I cannot enter credentials or even forgot my password, it doesn't give an error or anything, just the button doesn't do anything at all.

1. Try complete uninstall, delete remaining folders e.g. iVMS-4200 site in Program Files(x86). Re-install iVMS
  2. Try run as Administrator
  3. Check if Antivirus blocks iVMS
  4. Check Allowed apps on Firewall from Settings-Allow an app through Firewall. All iVMS related, nginx, etc must be allowed
  5. Client Management port must be 8080

Back