01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 VS Main View not working

michaelc

Hi Everybody,

New member, first post! :) I'm on the other side of the planet.

Over the last few days I have installed iVMS-4200 VS V1.1.0.10 on a couple of PCs at home. Almost all without a hitch.

The latest install on my office PC (Win7 64bit) seemed to go smoothly but I cannot the Main View working. All of my cameras imported fine (as I did on other PCs), but when I select Main View all I get is the circular dots in the middle of the window. The PC I have running the iVMS-4200 Storage Server is also a Win7 64 bit machine and it seems to run iVMS-4200 VS without any issues at all.

Has anyone else had this symptom? My Google skills have let me down in trying to find a solution.

Regards,

Michael.
PORT LINCOLN
South Australia

Attachments

• iVMS-4200 VS.jpg
    iVMS-4200 VS.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3,114
Last edited:
My hunch would be that it is a Windows 7 issue.
Check/compare with the Internet Explorer browser on the two W7 PCs (the one that works and the one that doesn't).
Perhaps a security setting, such as trusting IP addresses.

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked the versions of Internet Explorer on both of the PCs, they are both the same version.

For a test, I installed iVMS-4200 VS onto another Win7 64 machine at home (yes, I have too many computers in this house :) ) and it worked fine.

There is most definitely something on my office PC that is upsetting iVMS-4200

I've noticed that if I go into Maintenance and Management and then poke around, I can make it lock up and report that iVMS-4200.Framework.C.exe is not responding.

I might turn off the Windows Firewall and see if that makes things settle down, hopefully I can narrow down the issue.

Michael.

If your windows was updated then this issue may popup so, allow iVMS-4200 in the windows firewall. It worked in my case.

Just a quick follow up... I'm still having issues with this troublesome PC.

An "upgrade" to Windows 10 will be performed in coming months so I'm not overly concerened with getting iVMS-4200 VS working on it at the moment.

Michael.

Hi Michael,
did you ever work out what that problem was?
I am in the same situation, installed ivms-4200 on several pcs, all good, no problems. But one pc, all goes well till you try and open the main view window, and then it just has the spinning dots.

All machines are windows 10. Software I am using is ivms-4200, not the VS variety. As I say, works fine, up till now, never had a problem, then this one computer just refuses to go further. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Even installed older versions, and also totally disabled firewall in case that was the cause, but nothing will let it get further than those spinning dots. Nothing in event viewer, in fact does not appear to show any "problems" that stand out or act as a pointer, so it is damn frustrating.
Hoping you found a solution to your problem mate, and that you can enlighten me.

Gregg

Hi Michael,
did you ever work out what that problem was?
I am in the same situation, installed ivms-4200 on several pcs, all good, no problems. But one pc, all goes well till you try and open the main view window, and then it just has the spinning dots.

All machines are windows 10. Software I am using is ivms-4200, not the VS variety. As I say, works fine, up till now, never had a problem, then this one computer just refuses to go further. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Even installed older versions, and also totally disabled firewall in case that was the cause, but nothing will let it get further than those spinning dots. Nothing in event viewer, in fact does not appear to show any "problems" that stand out or act as a pointer, so it is damn frustrating.
Hoping you found a solution to your problem mate, and that you can enlighten me.

Gregg
Hi Gregg,

Sorry, I never found a solution to this problem.

I'm counting down the days until my office PC gets a hardware upgrade and I move over to Windows 10. Hopefully a fresh OS installation will make things happy.

Michael.

Hey all good Michael,
I was already using Windows 10, so might not fix your problem.
However, I fixed mine in the end after lots of searching, as found other Hik Vision software that would work.
I downloaded the middle one, HiLookVision V2.7.1.50 (EN)
Looks very similar, think they made it originally for their cheap version cameras which they market under another name.
Can't remember where I found out about it from now, as I read that many different forums and posts.
Quite a bit smaller than the ivms-4200 download too, so obviously missing some of the functionality, but have not found anything missing that I need, and works perfectly well on the PC that refused to load ivms-4200 correctly.
Might be worth giving it a try if your future upgrade to Windows 10 does not fix whatever is causing the problem for you.

Gregg

I downloaded the middle one, HiLookVision V2.7.1.50 (EN)
Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the heads up!

I downloaded HiLookVision and it works great on my Office PC. It has a familiar UI, like a previous version of iVMS-4200.

Downloading video from via this UI is so much nicer (IMO) than the current version of iVMS-4200.

Michael.

Hi Everybody,

New member, first post! :) I'm on the other side of the planet.

Over the last few days I have installed iVMS-4200 VS V1.1.0.10 on a couple of PCs at home. Almost all without a hitch.

The latest install on my office PC (Win7 64bit) seemed to go smoothly but I cannot the Main View working. All of my cameras imported fine (as I did on other PCs), but when I select Main View all I get is the circular dots in the middle of the window. The PC I have running the iVMS-4200 Storage Server is also a Win7 64 bit machine and it seems to run iVMS-4200 VS without any issues at all.

Has anyone else had this symptom? My Google skills have let me down in trying to find a solution.

Regards,

Michael.
PORT LINCOLN
South Australia
Not sure but I think Hikvision have announced that both the VS version of iVMS and storage server are being discontinued. I'd recommend you get the latest version of the standard iVMS

Faced with this problem.
In my case, the problem turned out to be incomplete installation of IVMS on the computer. Visual Studio components (vcredist) were not installed or were installed incorrectly.
The IVMS installer extracts them to the folder: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallationTempFile.

After manually installing all the necessary components, the problem went away
mRemoteNG_nDauf4nW1u.png

Hope this helps someone else.

Faced with this problem.
In my case, the problem turned out to be incomplete installation of IVMS on the computer. Visual Studio components (vcredist) were not installed or were installed incorrectly.
The IVMS installer extracts them to the folder: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallationTempFile.

After manually installing all the necessary components, the problem went away
View attachment 9593

Hope this helps someone else.
Just registered on this forum to say thank you! I had less vcredist executable files in my temp folder, i tried all i had, but everytime i got error about "newer version already installed". After i've downloaded vcredis_x64_2013 from here link and installed it - ivms started to work

Back