01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS 4200 VS - unable to sign in

Dave Howard

Hi all, been using iVMS 4200 VS and quite liking it particularly on playback / smart events. HOWEVER for some reason i had to uninstall/reinstall. Now when I start it and try to login it says "the user does not exist" or similar. This true when trying ADMIN (and default of 12345 and 123456) and also Super User. I have uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times but same issue exists.

Anyone else had similar or can share fix?
Interested in use of VS compared to full-blown and if its worth the effort (I have nvr + 6 IPC's around home)?

I could not recall what the VS denotes.

Hikvision have a new UK website - the page for iVMS-4200 is here:
iVMS4200 Series

Their datasheet for VS is here:
https://www.hikvision.com/content/d...Client Software_Datasheet_V1.0.0_20190712.pdf

It appears to be a 'client' version, which requires storage server:

1578396613757.png

Thanks Phil. I have been using it. It doesn't explicitly need Storage Server, but can use it.
The interface is 'cleaner' than full IVMS4200. Also it seems to be more memory/CPU efficient when you don't have an i7 PC :)
The issue i have is that I've been using it, i had to update something on HIK, it seems to have screwed iVMS 4200 VS in that when i start the app it now doesn't recognise any users i created, nor does it allow me to set-up from scratch. I'm going to guess there is some register/config file i need to get rid of.

Hmm, as a 'fix' maybe:
  • Uninstall iVMS-4200
  • Run CCleaner
    • Run Easy Clean
    • Run Custom Clean
    • Run Registry fix
  • Re-install iVMS-4200 and try again

CCleaner may clear out any residue left in the registry etc. from previous install(s) of iVMS and enable you to make a clean start

1578477664594.png

Back