01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion events overlaid in timeline?

nathanb

DS-7608NI-I2 + Hik cameras.

Is there any way to have event markers overlaid on the playback timeline for recorded footage in:
  • Web client (IE plugin)
  • iVMS-4200
  • HikConnect
The other day, I needed to review about 5 hours worth of footage and it was painful to try and identify what I was looking for, where the analytics (motion/line crossing/intrusion) would work very well (static scene so no false positives). I couldn't get this to work on any of the three above. I don't have access to the NRV directly at the moment, so can't confirm if it's a feature locally.

iVMS has a check box for "human" and "vehicle" but these are not available on my camera/NVR. I should add, I've added the NVR/cameras via hik-connect account, not locally of-course.
1672940344854.png

Surely, the main software from HikVision can support this basic feature? Do any of the use-ip reps know if this is coming to HikConnect or the web client?

Bonus question. Many years ago a colleague showed me software he used at work (Indigovision). It's software app had this brilliant ability to overlay motion profile on the timeline, as can be seen below. That way you could click at different points which might be of interest. It was not binary event markers, but oscilloscope type so it was different for different cameras/scenes. I know this does not exist with HikVision, but it would be super useful. Has anyone seen anything similar and to make it work with HikVision cameras?

1672940246350.png

Hi @nathanb

Unfortunately, the only interface that shows event markers on a timeline is the local one for the NVR.
Hikvision removed this feature from iVMS-4200 and the web interface a while ago, which they said was necessary to increase their stability.

You can still quickly search your footage by event periods though in iVMS-4200 and in the Hik-Connect app.
You'll need to tick "notify surveillance centre" in the event settings' platform access tab.

From 38:30 in this video shows how to use the event playback function in iVMS-4200:

This thread discusses how to use event playback in iVMS-4200:

Regarding the bonus question, we aren't aware of any VMS with that capability, but hopefully, someone else can suggest something from experience!

Thanks for the reply @Kyle

It's a real shame Hik removed this feature. It is very useful as I stated. I sometimes wonder why manufactures make these decisions, and honestly, Hik communication is not great anyways.

You can still quickly search your footage by event periods though in iVMS-4200 and in the Hik-Connect app.
You'll need to tick "notify surveillance centre" in the event settings' platform access tab.
I did not notice the "Event playback" tab in the screen! However, when I search, no events appear and I have received events just today in HikConnect. To clarify, under my hik id, there are no cameras listed as a resource unlike in the playback tab, where I can see all the cameras. i.e.
1673012537549.png

Note, on the NVR settings the events already have "notify surveillance centre" enabled in the "Linkage Method" tab. This was necessary to ensure HikConnect send notifications. So is it another setting elsewhere?

I did not notice the "Event playback" tab in the screen! However, when I search, no events appear and I have received events just today in HikConnect. To clarify, under my hik id, there are no cameras listed as a resource unlike in the playback tab, where I can see all the cameras. i.e.
Ah, you need to re-add the NVR on the Device Management page, but when you do, tick "import to group":

Import to group iVMS-4200.png

There will then be a folder populated with the cameras in the Playback menu:

group view ivms.png

The device was already imported to a group. The actual problem was what I alluded to in my first post.

I should add, I've added the NVR/cameras via hik-connect account, not locally of-course.

As you can see below, I have added my devices via Hik-Connect account. I went back in and added the NVR via IP/Domain mode which then now adds all the Video Events. It would appear if connecting via Hik-Connect mode, event channels are not pulled into iVMS. Someone is welcome to test and correct me.

1673021963973.png

The one downside of IP/Domain mode is you need to enable UPnP NAT to open to get to the NVR. I assume (again someone correct me) the Hik-Connect method is more secure because it tunnels via http.

Anyways, I can now view events in the remote playback pane, which actually works well enough.

Thanks

Last edited:
Apologies, by that I thought you meant you had added your NVR to Hik-Connect via serial number to your account in the Hik-Connect web portal, as you can also add locally via IP to the app - reading too quickly!

It would appear if connecting via Hik-Connect mode, event channels are not pulled into iVMS. Someone is welcome to test and correct me.
It looks like you're probably right on this, I'm seeing the same thing, but it isn't something I was aware of before. Normal playback works fine for devices added via your Hik-Connect account, but I can't get event playback working.

Glad it's all working for you now anyway :)

Back