01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS lite capped to connect to a maximum of 15 DVRs?

oirampok

I work as a programmer/IT support at a medium size retail company, we 35 stores and each store has 1 dvr and 6 cameras connected to the dvr. So 35 dvrs and 210 cameras total. So far the cameras have been used merely as a security deterence and recording just in case any cases appear and we need to rewind the tape. Recently the owner of the business has asked me to set up a live view of all the cameras in the office. I downloaded the hik-connect app and connected all the dvrs through the hik-connect p2p cloud, and he was good with that for a while, recently he asked if it was possible to use an old unused pc we had in the office to show the streams on loop, changing the stream to a different store every 30 seconds. After watching a few tutorials I first installed ivms 4200 from the hikvision website, but that software was extremely slow and laggy, to the point of unusability. Then i found the discontinued hikvision lite, and that works like a charm, runs well enough on the old pc and can auto switch streams. But it seems to have a limit of 15 dvrs? after 15 have been added whenever i try and add another dvr it hides the cameras.

Is there any other hik-connect software that is as light as ivms4200 lite but can support more than 15 dvr streams? Thanks in advance for any insight :)

The specs of the pc are as follows:
1,3 GHz, Intel® Core™ i3-4010Y, 4 GB DDR3 ram

An interesting solution, thanks for sharing.

IMHO as you have all but cracked it, I'd add a second PC and screen for the next 15 ...

An interesting solution, thanks for sharing.

IMHO as you have all but cracked it, I'd add a second PC and screen for the next 15 ...
is that really all there is to it? just add another PC? isnt there a way to programatically remove the 15 dvr cap? because at 15 dvrs its still only at like 20% cpu. Also is the performance usage of the lite vs the regular ivms 4200 that huge? I figured it might just be because i need to set up some configs to make it run smoother?

Back