01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P NVR Firmware?

seobuilder

Hi

Hoping I am posting this in the right section. Last year I had a DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P NVR installed along with 3 Hikvision cameras. I had a disagreement with the installer earlier this year, and have since been trying to work out how to maintain and update the NVR and camera

I tried to download and upgrade the firmware for my NVR but got an error saying failed to get the upgrading progress

I have attached a screenshot, showing my current firmware version

If anyone could send me a direct link to the version I should update too, I read that you can jump ahead of too many firmware updates, so I wasn't sure if that is why I got the error

I find looking through the hikvision firmware pages, very confusing and not very clear for someone who hasn't done it before

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 10.59.24.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 10.59.24.png
    55 KB · Views: 42
Hi @seobuilder

The latest firmware for the DS-7604NXI-K1/4P is V4.82.007_240321
Hi @Dan

thanks for the quick response

I downloaded that firmware using the link you sent, extracted the .dav file to my desktop, went into configuration then maintenance using Microsoft edge browser, clicked the file and then upgrade, but it shows 0 per cent progress then just comes up failed to get the upgrade status with red circle with white x in it

I wasn't sure if it was because my firmware was many versions behind or not

Upvote 0
Okay,

You are not that many versions behind so I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, but try this version that falls between your current and the latest firmware and see if that works - V4.76.015

If it does work, try updating to the V4.82 firmware again.

Upvote 0
Okay,

You are not that many versions behind so I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, but try this version that falls between your current and the latest firmware and see if that works - V4.76.015

If it does work, try updating to the V4.82 firmware again.
Hi @Dan

Thanks again for the quick response, I appreciate it

So neither of them was working, and didn't show any progress, so I rebooted the NVR, then tried to install both files, the new one, and then the older one, both of them got to 75% then closed down and a red circle again with upgrade failed message

but what confused me even more, see attached, when went back into check firmware now showing this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 12.25.54.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 12.25.54.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
Hi @seobuilder

Okay, that is strange but at least it does look like the firmware has updated (possibly the reboot was required for the firmware to update).

Upvote 0
Hi @seobuilder

Okay, that is strange but at least it does look like the firmware has updated (possibly the reboot was required for the firmware to update).
Hi @Dan

Yeah very strange indeed, but thanks for your help, two more questions when you get a chance

1. Regarding The link you sent me above, am I just best keeping an eye on that month-to-month and checking to see if the firmware is updated?

2. I use a MacBook daily, looked out my old PC laptop to carry out these firmware updates, and as I read it works better on PC than Mac, but I just went in and updated the firmware via my mac browser for one of the 3 cameras and it seemed to work. do these newer nvr/cameras work ok now in the Mac browser?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @seobuilder

The answers to your questions are below:

1. Yes, if you check the product page on the Hikvision website the latest firmware should be uploaded there and you can also check the Firmware Search Tool on the Hikvision website.

2. Browser access should be slightly better on Mac when using newer AcuSense Hikvision products, but the performance is still quite patchy and accessing with a Windows PC is still our recommendation.

(If you search "Mac" on the forum you'll see some recent discussions where Mac users with new M1 Mac have been seeing increasing problems with the Mac versions of Hikvision software (e.g. SADP, iVMS-4200, etc...) and when we've discussed it with Hikvision support they have pretty much said that they have no urgent plans to improve Mac support)

Upvote 0
Hi @seobuilder

The answers to your questions are below:

1. Yes, if you check the product page on the Hikvision website the latest firmware should be uploaded there and you can also check the Firmware Search Tool on the Hikvision website.

2. Browser access should be slightly better on Mac when using newer AcuSense Hikvision products, but the performance is still quite patchy and accessing with a Windows PC is still our recommendation.

(If you search "Mac" on the forum you'll see some recent discussions where Mac users with new M1 Mac have been seeing increasing problems with the Mac versions of Hikvision software (e.g. SADP, iVMS-4200, etc...) and when we've discussed it with Hikvision support they have pretty much said that they have no urgent plans to improve Mac support)
Hi @Dan

thank you so much for taking time out your day to help me out, I appreciate it

Upvote 0
Back