01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest Firmware bug or just my software?

Aomega001

I installed the latest firmware 5.6.15 on both of my cameras and when I login to either of them in ie11 the PTZ console is not there. The PTZ header is there but all of the other buttons, up, down, left, right are not the area is just blank even the presets do not show. I thought it may be the browser so I tried a different one and that was the same also in that browser live view failed. I have reverted back to 5.6.11 and all is back to normal. Can anyone please shed any light on this issue, thanks in advance.

Try uninstalling the web components app on your computer then re installing. Maybe a new version as you have updated your firmware.

Not sure if this will help, but I've seen posts about menus disappearing after a FW upgrade and the advice has been to clear cache in the browser.

Try uninstalling the web components app on your computer then re installing. Maybe a new version as you have updated your firmware.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry already tried that forgot to mention. I thought the webcomponents only applied to being able to see the live or recorded feeds, a bit like flash player to web videos?. When I logged into the camera the feed was fine it was the PTZ control panel that was missing.
That whole panel to the right was blank with just the headers telling what was supposed to be there.

Not sure if this will help, but I've seen posts about menus disappearing after a FW upgrade and the advice has been to clear cache in the browser.
Thanks for the reply, I have the browser clear it's cache every time I exit it and CCleaner gets rid of the rest. I am at my wits end, I may try again this weekend.

Back