01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest Hikvision Firmware for G5 Series Cameras (DS-2CD2xx3G2 2xx6G2(C) 2xx7G2(C) 3xx7G2(C)) - V5.7.3_220216 SP (Fixed the light&audio alarm on HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a security perspective not sure if I would trust home assistant with my camera credentials.

Alarm server solves this issue since camera pushed to the server rather than HA logging in with camera credentials. But I don’t want wasted bandwidth and effort of ignoring the JPEG image that get pushed. There isn’t really an option to turn that off.

I’ll end up using the sample demo app from pyhik and just add some mqtt messages to HA.

Surprised you get false alerts on line crossing. I think line crossing has min and max size restrictions so you can place a human minimum size in so that the cat won’t trigger it. This is assuming your field of view is good enough to do this. eg if field of view has objects changing in size often you might be able to use the min and max options. ie when close. Cat is same size as human that is far away.

I think I will use linkage to write image file to NAS or FTP but I don’t to be polling for files to determine an event. So isapi is better at subscribing to events.

I tried to use a photo of a car from my phone to trigger the vehicle detection. I wasnt able to trigger it lol no idea why.

File/Direcory File Size Date
.. - 2022-08-03
IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.7.10_220720.zip

New Features  Added support HPC features; 1. ISAPI uplink supports device exception and alarm event uploading. ISAPI uplink Event includes: Motion Detection, Intrusion Detection, Line Crossing Detection. Linkage supports recording and capture. 2. Added capability set to support ISAPI uplink events 3. ISAPI downlink, mainly used for device configuration 4. Support device auto upgrade on ProConnect Portal and App  Added Korean and Hebrew to the OSD function for overseas products;  Support modify SSH port.  ColorVu products support perimeter intelligent linkage supplement light.  Support HC APP to configure one-click audible and visual alarm and audible and visual arming plan.  Added support perimeter metadata, SFTP, SRTP and defog function for overseas 2 and 3 series produc

File/Direcory File Size Date
.. - 2022-08-03
IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.7.10_220720.zip

New Features  Added support HPC features; 1. ISAPI uplink supports device exception and alarm event uploading. ISAPI uplink Event includes: Motion Detection, Intrusion Detection, Line Crossing Detection. Linkage supports recording and capture. 2. Added capability set to support ISAPI uplink events 3. ISAPI downlink, mainly used for device configuration 4. Support device auto upgrade on ProConnect Portal and App  Added Korean and Hebrew to the OSD function for overseas products;  Support modify SSH port.  ColorVu products support perimeter intelligent linkage supplement light.  Support HC APP to configure one-click audible and visual alarm and audible and visual arming plan.  Added support perimeter metadata, SFTP, SRTP and defog function for overseas 2 and 3 series produc
As detailed in another post - 5.7.10 has a bug with VCA/Smart Playback (regardless of what Hikvision say)

Received my DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL today and it is running firmware V5.7.3 build 220112. (C model manufactured 04/22) I can't find too much online about this but I assume I should upgrade it to V5.7.3 build 220216?

Hi @Brocky120

If you are running build 220112 then it is most likely that the camera is a (C) model and it should be fine to update to the 220216 build (you can double-check by logging into the camera and going to the system menu where under basic information you should see the camera's "Firmware Version Property" which should be G5 if it is a (C) model).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Brocky120

If you are running build 220112 then it is most likely that the camera is a (C) model and it should be fine to update to the 220216 build (you can double-check by logging into the camera and going to the system menu where under basic information you should see the camera's "Firmware Version Property" which should be G5 if it is a (C) model).

Thanks it is G5 and C model. Just checked and 5.7.10 build 220830 (EU Portal) is available released 30th August 2022 but I also see on the UK portal there is 5.7.10 build 220720. Any advice on what I should upgrade to?

Hi @Brocky120

There is a v5.7.10 firmware but as you will see from the comment just above your first post there is potentially a bug with this firmware, it is explained in more detail here:

If you think this bug might impact how you want to use the camera then we would just recommend sticking with the v5.7.3_Build 220216 for now.

Hi @Brocky120

There is a v5.7.10 firmware but as you will see from the comment just above your first post there is potentially a bug with this firmware, it is explained in more detail here:

If you think this bug might impact how you want to use the camera then we would just recommend sticking with the v5.7.3_Build 220216 for now.

Super stuff thanks Dan much appreciated.

Reactions: Dan
Super stuff thanks Dan much appreciated.
Dont upgrade the firmware to the latest version. Stick with V5.7.3 build 220216

The latest firmware stops the strobe light linking to linkage action so upon motion ths camera will turn the ColorVu light on as opposed to the flashing white strobe light. It also doesnt stop flashing when you mute ths notifications using the bell icon on HIKCONNECT which is meant to disable the strobe and audio.

FYI. Hikvision has a newly released firmware for the G5 series cams which claims to fix the issue of the missing Dual-VCA option. in version 5.7.10 dated 220720

Firmware is on the hikvision.com site and appears as 5.7.10 build 220830.

Release note extract below.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 155025.png

Reactions: Dan
Thanks @venturis

We've created a new thread for this firmware release, once you have installed the update please share any discoveries/issues you find in the new firmware in the thread linked below:

This thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back