01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live view / playback issue with 7616ni/k2 16p on my local monitor only?

Mavyppoh

Good day to everyone,

I bought an NVR and 16 ip cameras for my office (specs and config below). I don't have any problems using live view or playback through my cell phone (hik connect) or through the web browser, with either main stream or sub-stream settings(specs and config below). When I try to live view 4 cameras on the tv (2*2 grid) with main stream settings I get the message "not enough resource for decoding. Try switching to sub-stream". With sub-stream settings the 4 cameras work fine.

The NVR specs says 1-ch@12 MP (30 fps)/2-ch@8 MP (30 fps)/4-ch@4 MP (30 fps)/8-ch@1080p (30 fps) so I shouldn't have any decoding issues. I cannot live view or playback even 1-ch@4MP 20fps.

If I switch the main stream settings of all the cameras to 1080p I can live view only 1 camera on the 2x2 grid.
If I switch the main stream settings of all the cameras to 720p i can live view all the 16 cameras on the 4x4 grid.
If I reboot the NVR I do get live view from 2 the cameras on main stream and the other two display the message "not enough resource for decoding. Try switching to sub stream", and if I log in the system the two working cameras get the same error.
Finally I tried unplugging all the cameras from the NVR. When the last four where connected, 3 worked on 4MP(main stream) and 1 worked on sub-stream

Is a decoding issue? NVR issue? I am really confused and lost.

Thanks you all for your help! I am new to CCTV.

Cheers.

NVR
DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P
Firmware V4.74.210 build 240108
2X2 LIVE VIEW

16 IP Camera
DS-2CD1143G0-I
V5.7.20 build 230630 / V5.7.3 build 220315
CONFIG MAIN STREAM
2560*1440
full frame (20fps)
4096 kbps
h.265
CONFIG SUB-STREAM
1280*720P
20fps
800kbps
h.265

TV
FHD TV connected through HDMI

Hi @Mavyppoh

Can you please share a screenshot of the NVR's Basic Information menu and also the datasheet where you found that decoding information?

Hello @Dan

Thanks for you help. As I can tell from the specs I should be able to live view at least four cameras at 2560 x 1440p @30fps, or at least 3.

At 1440p 0 cameras are display on the screen.
At 1080p only 1, which is crazy and makes no sense at all.
At 720 I can watch 4, did not try more than four with main stream settings but I can live view all 16 at sub-stream settings (720p 20fps 800kbps h265).

No the crazy part. I disconnected 12 cameras from the rack and left only 4 working. I get image from 3 cameras at main stream 2560 x 1440p 20fps. I plug in the missing cameras and the live view continues. If I touch anything on the screen the image goes back to the error.

I am totally confused. I don't know if I misinterpreted the specs or if I missing some technical aspect since I am not an "installer" just a techie guy.

Thanks in advance with any idea or explaining.

Attachments

• 0 cameras at 2mp.jpeg
    0 cameras at 2mp.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1 camera at 1080.jpeg
    1 camera at 1080.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 3 cameras at 4mp with cameras disconnected.jpeg
    3 cameras at 4mp with cameras disconnected.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 4 camera at substrem.jpeg
    4 camera at substrem.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 42
  • camera settings.jpeg
    camera settings.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 48
  • decoding 1.jpg
    decoding 1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 40
  • decoding 2.jpg
    decoding 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 43
  • decoding 3.jpg
    decoding 3.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 38
  • info from nvr.jpeg
    info from nvr.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 40
  • info from phone.jpeg
    info from phone.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
Also I cannot playback on the screen, only on the tv/computer.

Is there anything different in using the pc? Because I can live view 7 cameras in main stream from my pc (the pc gets slow and everything but I can see the cameras). Does the pc do the decoding in web browsing? same with the phone?

Thanks

Thanks @Mavyppoh

You mention your cameras being connected to a rack, are all the cameras for this NVR connected to a separate PoE switch?

Can you please explain your system/network layout? (e.g. draw us a rough sketch of how your cameras, NVR, switch, router, and any other network hardware are connected)

Thanks @Mavyppoh

You mention your cameras being connected to a rack, are all the cameras for this NVR connected to a separate PoE switch?

Can you please explain your system/network layout? (e.g. draw us a rough sketch of how your cameras, NVR, switch, router, and any other network hardware are connected)
Hi @Dan

Thanks for your time and knowledge.
Yes, my system is in a rack (photo attached) but all the cameras are connected to the NVR since it has 16 PoE ports.

Recently I tried unplugging the NVR from the network (and rebooting) in case Hik-connect was causing any issues without luck.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 25
  • layout.png
    layout.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 24
@Dan
I thought it was the Incoming bandwith but right now it's at 53808 kpbs out of 160000 kbps.
Might the NVR be damage?

Attachments

• SharedScreenshot.jpg
    SharedScreenshot.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi @Mavyppoh

Is Enhanced Decoding Mode enabled on your NVR?
This is in local GUI System - General or in web GUI System - System Settings - Menu Output
Check this:

Last edited:
You could always gain more resources for your decoding capability if you used h264 instead of h265. 265 uses more CPU

Back