01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live View Problems with my two 4MP Hikvision cameras and HiLook NVR-104H-D4P?

Artman

Just wondering if I need to change or update my system? I have a couple of 4mg Hikvision cameras hooked up by POE to a Hikvision HiLook NVR-104H-D4P with 1TB hard disc (is this the weak link I wonder?) and it works fine to the monitor in my house and straight forward live view. However one of my most important needs when travelling is Live View and being able to quickly search the video content which is where this setup fails repeatedly saying Network Is Unstable or Playing Failed when using my Ipad or iPhone. I have given up trying to use the antiquated IE for live view. Friends with the large Hikvision systems and Swann plug and play systems dont seem to have problems.

I don’t have room for a large NVR (on top of my fridge by the monitor) but I would like a quick, reliable setup that can provide a reliable Live View and Playback facility. I would like to keep the cameras and would ideally like to use the Chrome browser on my PC. Any advice for a non-techie would be much appreciated.

Thats NVR can only decode to 1080p! HiLook its the cheap hikvision line! When you dont have place for a good nvr, then use a NAS System like Synlogy or QNAP and save the cameras on that system. Both providers have a own camera app for smartphone and tablet to view the cameras live :)

Back