01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Lost "Live View" on NVR after configuring Hik-Connect

PaulS

I've set up Hit-Connect so I have remote access via my iPad but I now cannot get "Live View" when connected to the NVR (DS-7732) locally via web browser. This is the message I get. If I disable the Hik-Vision option (which turns off the Verification Code" the Live View works. Any thoughts on getting round this? Thx, Paul.
Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 13.07.15.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 13.07.15.png

Hi Paul, Are you able to share your solution to help others out please?

I thought it was something on the camera but in the very first NVR screen "Local", there's a menu I've not touched before "Live View Parameters". In the "Encryption Key" there were the black dots indicating "something" was configured and I was loathe to touch it as I had no idea what was entered there. Anyway, I did change it to the same authorisation key ("Verification Code") I entered in Hik-Connect for the NVR when setting the initial parameters, and now it all works.
It seems that Hik-Connect and the NVR use an encryption and to see Live View on the NVR through the web browser you also have to enter the key in the field mentioned above.
Incidentally, on my iPad's IVMS-4500, under "Devices" you also need to input this same "Verification Code".
I'm happy as this encryption should stop any hacker from viewing my cameras.

I too had this problem. I find Hikvision's software very unhelpful with its error messages. It would be better if it could say 'click here to enter the verification code' and take you to the right menu (often a sub-menu!) rather than leaving you to figure it out. Or provide more explicit instructions.

Hopefully they're crawling the web looking for these kind of comments on social media... maybe not!

Back