01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Lost platform access/hik-connect after upgrade

bigmick777

Over the weekend I updated my NVR and Camera firmware to the latest (recent) releases.

DS-7608NI-M2/8P V5.03.010 build 240606
DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2
DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2

Ever since my hik-connect is not working. Logging into the NVR (via web) and the cameras etc are all available in device access / live view etc.

On the NVR platform access is now disabled - the installer setup this when he handed the system over but trying to sort this myself - and hopefully with some help from the forum :)

DNS servers are set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I've enabled platform access,
server IP: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
Port: 7800
Device ID: AXnnnnnnn (as sure this looks like the same number as before)
Key: is blank

I've created a new key

Click Save but registration status stays as offline.

When I click off the platform access section and back the key field is empty again.

Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers,

Last edited:
Solution
Morning guys - so last night, before giving up for the evening, I just tried to toggle the hik-connect setting on the NVR (the NVR under system config\network config\HIK-Connect) OFF (it was on and saying online), then back ON. NVR said it required a reboot and rebooted, and hey presto I could then add the device using the hik-connect web portal and then the NVR appeared in the phone app! Reboots alone didn't work and I am suspect my issue also needed me to remove the device as I had tried turning off / re-enabling hik-connect when I first had the problem.

Thank you all for your help and advice on this.
Over the weekend I updated my NVR and Camera firmware to the latest (recent) releases.

DS-7608NI-M2/8P V5.03.010 build 240606
DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2
DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2

Ever since my hik-connect is not working. Logging into the NVR (via web) and the cameras etc are all available in device access / live view etc.

On the NVR platform access is now disabled - the installer setup this when he handed the system over but trying to sort this myself - and hopefully with some help from the forum :)

DNS servers are set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I've enabled platform access,
server IP: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
Port: 7800
Device ID: AXnnnnnnn (as sure this looks like the same number as before)
Key: is blank

I've created a new key

Click Save but registration status stays as offline.

When I click off the platform access section and back the key field is empty again.

Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers,
It sounds like you may be trying to enable Platform Access rather than Hik-Connect. On the newer firmware I think Hik-Connect now has its own tab whereas before it was in Platform Access along with ISUP

Upvote 0
It sounds like you may be trying to enable Platform Access rather than Hik-Connect. On the newer firmware I think Hik-Connect now has its own tab whereas before it was in Platform Access along with ISUP
Hi - on the HIK-connect tab (on the NVR) Hik-Connect is disabled and it says the following
Connection Status: Offline
Account Status: No cloud account is bound.
The binding status will be updated after the device connects to network. View the binding status again after connecting the device to network.

When I toggle on 'Hik-Connect' it comes up with the message "Please change the initial verification code."

I was looking at the platform access settings based on some similar issues I found on the forum.

Upvote 0
Hi - on the HIK-connect tab (on the NVR) Hik-Connect is disabled and it says the following
Connection Status: Offline
Account Status: No cloud account is bound.
The binding status will be updated after the device connects to network. View the binding status again after connecting the device to network.

When I toggle on 'Hik-Connect' it comes up with the message "Please change the initial verification code."

I was looking at the platform access settings based on some similar issues I found on the forum.
It's Hik-Connect you need to be using for sure. It should be enabled.

Upvote 0
It's Hik-Connect you need to be using for sure. It should be enabled.
It is turned on - Any ideas why I am getting the errors on the HIK-Connect tab, it says connection offline and it asked please change the initial verfication code when I turned on HIK-Connect on the NVR. I can't see where to do this.

Upvote 0
Update - I used the SADP tool to enable Hik-Connect. I now have the NVR saying connection is online and the account has been bound.
I went back to my hik-connect app (android) - the NVR has been removed.

I click add, scan the code from the hik-connect tab on the NVR and I get the message on the phone app that it has been added - it stays on that screen and if I click back then it hasnt added it - so...... instead I then chose add online device rather than QR code. This worked, so looks like I am back to where I was before upgrading the firmware!

Upvote 0
It is turned on - Any ideas why I am getting the errors on the HIK-Connect tab, it says connection offline and it asked please change the initial verfication code when I turned on HIK-Connect on the NVR. I can't see where to do this.
On the local interface click the Menu Icon then beneath system on the right 'System Maintenance' then at the bottom of the list 'Security Management'' > 'Stream Encryption'

I've not a clue why it's asking you to change it if it was working previously. I'd usually disable Stream Encryption once setup.

Upvote 0
On the local interface click the Menu Icon then beneath system on the right 'System Maintenance' then at the bottom of the list 'Security Management'' > 'Stream Encryption'

I've not a clue why it's asking you to change it if it was working previously. I'd usually disable Stream Encryption once setup.
For info, maintenance security \ security \ security service, stream encryption is already off.

Upvote 0
Ok - so I am not fully working! Apologies in advance if I am missing something really obvious here (and hopefully some other newbies with similar issues find this post useful!!).

So whilst I can connect to hik-connect when my phone is on the same network wifi - when wifi is off and I am connecting from outside the house I can't see the NVR / cameras. Against the NVR in the app it says 'local'

If I login to https://ieu.hik-connect.com/ I can see the NVR (although it has a different Alias) and it shows as online so not sure if I have added the NVR correctly now to the hik-connect app?

I've tried re-installing hik-connect, and adding the NVR via it's serial number. I get the same message as when I tried to add it via QR code. It shows a screen that says device has been added but on this screen there is no button to advance and if I click back it goes back to the Add screen. If I exit and restart the app it hasnt added the NVR

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @bigmick777

When you're on the app, are you definitely logged into the same account as when you're logging in to https://ieu.hik-connect.com/, and not as a guest?
If you press 'me', it should show your registered email address and user name at the top?

What do you now see on the Hik-Connect settings page on the NVR? Is it showing as online?

Try deleting the NVR that says 'local' in the app too, and then re-add it by scanning the QR code.
If that doesn't work, try deleting the NVR from the web portal login, and scan the QR code again on your phone.

Go in to your phone's / tablet's app store and make sure there are no updates available for Hik-Connect too - it often won't auto update, and there may be a compatibility issue with an earlier version and this newest NVR firmware.

Upvote 0
Hi - yes I am definately logged into the same account - when I click 'me' in the app email and username matches the one I log into ieu.hik-connect

When I login to the NVR (web) under HIK vision is showing as online - and shows the QR code to add to the app. when I login to ieu.hik-connect it again shows as online.

I've removed the 'local' NVR. I've tried to re-add both using the QR code and the serial number - both get as far as the attached screen. There is no 'next' nor does it take me onto the screen where I can name the device or the screen where you can skip the service provider authorisation (as documented in your how-to How-to: - How to add a Hikvision NVR to Hik-Connect)

You can see on the screen there is no way to move off that screen? I can only click < back which takes me back to the previous screen to add a new device.

I updated HIK connect yesterday and am running the version reported as the latest on Hik visions software site (version: 6.4.0.0613, Update at: 2024-06-17)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-18-14-45-30-22_a95cd7181daf1a10de28befe4fb2ffb3 (002).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-18-14-45-30-22_a95cd7181daf1a10de28befe4fb2ffb3 (002).jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0
Hi @bigmick777

Sometimes, some firmwares in the past, my 7608NXI-K2 could not connect with DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Try Primary your router Gateway, possibly 192.168.1.1 and secondary blank or find out your isp DNS in your modem/router settings

Upvote 0
It's worth trying the different DNS settings above.
Although, I have just tested with our M-Series NVR on that newest firmware, and managed to add it to Hik-Connect using the Google DNS servers.

I get the same screen in your screenshot once the NVR has been added via QR code, and I try to add it again.
So, there shouldn't be an option to progress from that screen other than back.
I.e. Hikvision's servers seem to think that the NVR is linked to your Hik-Connect account, but it isn't showing, which is why it's taking you to that page (thinking it's already added) - very odd...

So, try using the SADP tool to unbind the NVR, which should completely remove it from any account it is linked to, and then try the QR code again.

If that doesn't work, can you please send screenshots of what the app home page is showing you, as well as the web portal? (Blur out any serial numbers.)

Upvote 0
Another issue with Platform Access after an NVR firmware Update in the past, was the 6-digit Verification Code. Could not add a 6-digit code by using iVMS or Browser. Needed 8-digit or more
I did the procedure by NVR GUI and this accepted the 6-digit code

Upvote 0
Hi @bigmick777

Sometimes, some firmwares in the past, my 7608NXI-K2 could not connect with DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Try Primary your router Gateway, possibly 192.168.1.1 and secondary blank or find out your isp DNS in your modem/router settings
thanks for the advice - I cant set the DNS servers to the IP of the primary router, tried and that causes the NVR to show offline. on hik-connect I then tried using the DNS servers that are configured in the router (for DHCP) restarting the NVR in between - with the DNS set at the virgin media DNS servers I get the same problem - the NVR shows as online but I cannot add it to the app.
Another issue with Platform Access after an NVR firmware Update in the past, was the 6-digit Verification Code. Could not add a 6-digit code by using iVMS or Browser. Needed 8-digit or more
I did the procedure by NVR GUI and this accepted the 6-digit code
With the new firmware I am editing the HIK-connect tab - platform access (OTAP) is disabled. Hik Connect is enabled and I registered it with an 8 digit code. With either google DNS or virgin media DNS it shows the NVR as online for hik-connect.

Upvote 0
Can you try creating a new Hik account, remove the NVR from previous account, log out and log in again on previous account to verify removal and then add the NVR in your new Account. Try doing this from a browser, not the Hik-Connect app

Upvote 0
It's worth trying the different DNS settings above.
Although, I have just tested with our M-Series NVR on that newest firmware, and managed to add it to Hik-Connect using the Google DNS servers.

I get the same screen in your screenshot once the NVR has been added via QR code, and I try to add it again.
So, there shouldn't be an option to progress from that screen other than back.
I.e. Hikvision's servers seem to think that the NVR is linked to your Hik-Connect account, but it isn't showing, which is why it's taking you to that page (thinking it's already added) - very odd...

So, try using the SADP tool to unbind the NVR, which should completely remove it from any account it is linked to, and then try the QR code again.

If that doesn't work, can you please send screenshots of what the app home page is showing you, as well as the web portal? (Blur out any serial numbers.)
I've gone into the SADP tool - ticked the NVR, clicked un-bind, username admin and the password of the NVR and it says failed. Here are some screenshots

1. android app home page - HOME is my pyronix alarm system
2. SADP screen
3. Web portal - I've also blanked out the IP (which was the public IP) 86.19.xxx.xxx

Attachments

• SADP.png
    SADP.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 17
  • portal.png
    portal.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 16
  • hik app.jpg
    hik app.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
Can you try creating a new Hik account, remove the NVR from previous account, log out and log in again on previous account to verify removal and then add the NVR in your new Account. Try doing this from a browser, not the Hik-Connect app
so created a new hik account, deleted the nvr from the previous account, re-logged in and its gone. logged into the new account, went to add device, entered the serial number when prompted, click search and it says - The device cannot be added. so at the moment I dont have the NVR against any account

Upvote 0
see this:

Upvote 0
see this:
Hi - I've been through that - at the time that was written for using platform access so a number of things have changed, however, I've tried the DNS settings in that etc. to no avail. the person that had the issue there resolved his by connecting direct to the router I believe, the strange thing with mine is that it was all setup and working until I updated the firmware, router config etc has not changed.

To confirm - the NVR under system config\network config\HIK-Connect now says
Connection Status Online
Account Status No cloud account is bound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back