01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

M Series 9664NI-M8 Perimeter Detection - images missing for events from older model cameras?

dpstech

Morning

Looking for some comments here, I have a 2 week old DS-9664NI-M8 that has been installed replacing a 32Ch model. Firmware is 5.02.00 240229

The cameras on site include some 12MP fish eyes and 14 x DS-2CD2142 cameras.

My issue relates to perimeter protection - using intrusion detection the events log shows the event occuring but no image is displayed.
The 2142's are on latest 2019 firmware, but are H.264 / + devices ( set to h.264)
In setting the perimeter detection there used to be a camera select / trigger in linkage options but Ok cannot recall seeing this.
The fisheyes work, images are being sent on activation. There are some newer 6mp and 8mp cameras and these trigger with images displayed when viewed under event search.
Same with the monitoring station, newer cameras images are being transmitted but the older 2142's aren't.

Any comments welcome, first time with the 5.0 gui.
Wondering if I've missed something?

Thanks

I don't have your specific NVR Model # or your specific cameras, BUT I do recall v5.01.xx, v5.02.xx were horrific on my DS-7616NI-M2. I see no point in doing any testing with v5.02.xx. Throw that firmware level in the garbage.

Today, v5.03.010 is the most currect. Tomorrow, who knows what will be out. The world is due for another update anytime. :)

Since you're already on v5, all I can suggest is.... get to v5.03.010. v5.03.010 still has its issues but Intrusion Detection generally seems to work ok on my M-Series., with G5 cameras & current firmware. The "time stamp" on Event Markers still suck (they are off by 1 hour).... but the video footage is there.

Last edited:
Sportster

Thank you. I appreciate the insight. I will arrange with the client to apply the update.
It may be Wednesday before I can get to site but I will come back with a result.
It's interesting that given the issues that seem to be mentioned on the forum, when I contacted tech support at both the supplier and Hik themselves; neither mentioned an issue.
Given the frequency of updates that may indicate to the contrary.
I'll check the time stamp markers too
Thanks

D

Back