01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem Configuring Smart Events for DS-2CD2347G2 and DS-2CD1363G2 Cameras?

Grinna

Hi guys, I have an 7608NI-M2P and have just replaced some older camera's with Ds-2CD2347G2 and some cheaper Ds-2cd1363G2 camera's
while trying to set up the 1363 I seem to have lost Smart Analysis. the the DS-2CD cameras dont appear in the smart analysis menu, and now i seem to have lost vehicle detection on the 2347G2 Camera. I have played with so many settings Im now confused. All i want to do is get the Ds-2CD2347G2 to detect vehicles and people walking past and for the Ds-2cd1363G2 to detect people. I thought the 1362 ColorVU cameras were Accu sense but may be i have to set them up on motion detection. the smart function dose not seem to exist on playback and with the 2347G2 that is only detecting people not Vehicles now. Ahhhh
Im about to go out so will read any comments in a couple of hours.

Thanks guys

Hi @Grinna

First of all, the DS-2CD1363G2-LIU model is part of the Hikvision Value range and as you will see from the Event section on the camera datasheet, this model only supports Motion Detection so the camera will not be selectable in any of the other Smart Event menus.

In regards to vehicle detection on the 2347G2, can you confirm if you are trying to configure a specific event called "Vehicle Detection" or do you mean that the Human/Vehicle tick box options are missing from the event settings for these cameras? Can you share a screenshot of the smart event you are trying to configure on the 2347G2 cameras?

Hi Dan, Thanks for your answer. I assumed the DS-2CD1363G2-LIU were Motion detection only, I should have read the data sheet better, anyway I only have two of them so no big deal, the problem is yesterday when i set them up If i went to smart view when playing back videos I had the red Line along the bottom of the time line for smart events when motion was detected today nothing just one long time line with not event marks on the time line. On the 2347G2 cameras today I get every person who walks past my house captured and shown as an event on the Time line but it is not showing any vehicles that drive past. this camera has been capturing Vehicles and Humans for the last couple of weeks. today No Event activity in the time line for vehicles.
Now i must admit its probably my fault (which means it is) when trying to get the when trying to get the DS-2CD1363G2-LIU to capture events i must have changed something.
I have a time schedule set for DS-2CD1363G2-LIU and the alarm and lights come on I have also set the Motion detection but its not detecting motion Events
I shall keep trying. Should the motion events be setup in the camera or on the NVR ? because i think i have them on both.

Hi @Grinna

If you have an NVR then smart events should only be configured on the NVR.

If you think you might have configured the smart events on both the cameras and the NVR it might be worth clearing all the event settings on both the cameras and the NVRs and then just reconfigure the events on the NVR and not on the cameras.

Thanks Dan that is probably the issue, both fighting against each other I will delete them from the Cameras and the NVR and see if i can get it back to how it was, Do you know if you can factory reset the cameras from the NVR or do i go climbing the ladder

Hi @Grinna

You shouldn't need to hard reset the cameras, just go into the event settings in the NVR and cameras and clear/format the events you have enabled.

Hi @Grinna

You shouldn't need to hard reset the cameras, just go into the event settings in the NVR and cameras and clear/format the events you have enabled.
Thanks for your advice Dan as its 11pm In Australia i will give it a go tomorrow. thanks again for your help
Regards
Wayne

Reactions: Dan
Back