01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My camera lost network IP address

ian1975

Hi,
My system is a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NXI-K2 + 3 DS-2CD2543G2-IS + 5 DS-2CD2387G2 cameras.
Everything works well for the last year but today one of the DS-2CD2387G2 lost image & network connection. The rest are working well. The cables to the cameras are untouched and undamaged.
These are the photos of my system with the affected camera.
Can someone help me to resolve this problem?
Thanks!
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3208.jpeg
    IMG_3208.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Hi @ian1975 - are you able to connect the camera to a POE switch on your network and see if SADP finds it?
If so, can you log into it directly in a browser?
If you can, make sure the firmware on the camera is up-to-date and try hard-resetting it - check the NVR's firmware as well, and see if that resolves it.

The 'detecting' status shown in your third screenshot is something we've seen on faulty cameras, or cameras with loose / corroded RJ45 connectors, so if you can't access the camera from a separate switch, you will probably need to take it down and inspect the RJ45 connector on the camera.

Hi,
I ´ve noticed that the strobing light works on that camera at night so the cable should be working right?
I can’t connect to the camera with the browser.
Do I have to plug a computer in the back of the NVR or is there another solution?
Thanks!

Maybe, it could also be that there's an intermittent problem with the connection, meaning the camera is getting enough power to trigger the strobe light, but can not connect to the NVR properly.

You don't need to connect your PC to the NVR to connect to the camera.
Instead, disconnect the camera from the NVR and plug it into a separate POE switch, that is connected to your network.
Then, use the SADP tool to find it, then change the IP address and gateway to mach the network (192.168.1.x) or use the DHCP option, as explained here:

You can then use the IP address to log in to the camera in a web browser.

If the camera isn't showing up in SADP when plugged into the switch, then there is very likely an issue with it or the cable.

Hi Kyle,
The camera is pretty high to disconnect it. When you said plug it into a separate POE switch connected to my network, it can be any of my router/switch?
Is there any easier solution? :)
Thanks!
Ian

Yes, the POE switch that you connect the camera to can be connected to your router or any switch that's on the local network.
So, if you disconnect the camera from the NVR, and plug that cable into the POE switch instead, you may be able to find it in SADP and log into to to update the firmware / hard reset it, to see if that gets it working.

In your third screenshot in the original post, I can see that you have 2x ONVIF cameras on your network (.131 and .132) - if these are on a POE switch, then your could just plug the Hikvision turret into that.

If not, I'm afraid you will probably have to take the camera down and test it on a short patch lead, as well as inspect the RJ45 connector for signs or corrosion.

How do you disconnect and connect the camera back?
I've never done that before? Is it easy?
Thanks!

So where the network cable for that camera plugs into the back of the NVR - just remove it from the NVR and put it into the switch instead.
Then, use the SADP tool to scan for the camera - if it finds it, you will be able to tick 'DHCP', so that the camera automatically picks up an IP address from the router.

Once you have logged into the camera and hard reset it, you should be able to plug that cable back into the NVR, and the NVR will automatically set it up again - just make sure that channel is set to Plug & Play.

These guides should help :)

Hi Kyle,
I'm having trouble from both ends. I'm not a technician to disconnect the camera and the installer installed the NVR too narrow space so I don't have access to the back of the NVR.
I don't know what to do...

Attachments

• IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Hi Kyle,
Finally I had my problem resolved. I shutdown and restart my Hikvision NVR and it automatically detect all the ip cameras...
Now, how do I check with software that my NVR & cameras have and update them with my browser?
Thanks!
Ian

Hi @ian1975

If you take the NVRs IP address (which you can find in the network settings using the direct monitor) and enter it into the address bar in your browser you should be taken to the NVR login page.

Once you've logged into the NVR, you can go to Configuration > System > Basic Information to confirm what firmware version the NVR is currently using.

Respond with a confirmation of the current firmware version and we can then link you to the firmware versions you will need to upgrade to.

Thanks @ian1975

Below are the firmware updates available for your models:

NVR: V4.76.015 // V4.82.100_240606 (update to the V4.76 firmware first and then update to the latest V4.82 firmware)

Cameras: V5.7.17_240606 (the page linked here is for the 2543G2, but the 2387G2 also use the same firmware)

If you need help installing the firmware, you can find instructions in the forum thread below:

Hi Dan,
I updated the firmware last year and I forgot how to do it...
After downloading the firmwares for the NVR and cameras, I update the NVR with SADP or with a browser?
I remembered updating my cameras with my browser and ip address but I forgot how to find the cameras ip address on the network.
Can you refresh my "Alzeilmer's memory"? :)
Thanks!
Ian

Hi @ian1975

You update the firmware by logging into the NVR with a browser, you can find the NVR IP address using the SADP Tool.

See the guide I linked you to in my last post for more detailed instructions on updating firmware.

Back