01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New ColorVu 8mp IP Cameras and NVR

First it rebooted asking for passwords to be put In and email address. The Time zone was wrong. My app no longer received images.
It lost the 8888 and 8844 settings..
It lost its app configuration and was showing cameras off line.
I got most of these back but this morning I can not draw a line on screen and see triggers in playback. It just shows frozen as no events. It show intrusion markers though. I just can't draw a line anywhere in screen and it search from events. No markers. No playback.
My notifications don't come through to my phone unless I press the notification tab. ( just seems to work now as off 12.40) Then they appear.
I'm more annoyed I can not search for events with line drawing. Was a great way to capture people hanging around in the dead of night.

Last edited:
Tried the latest firmware 4.60.005 and the issue is still present on the app with the green areas. Will just stick with H264+ encoding for now until they manage to sort it

Thanks for the heads up. I will stick with the previous step back then. Just need to sort the smart playback issue. I thought someone may have an idea why there are no markers on it.

True. But then I would have to unlink the cameras and hdd and redo all the passwords and emails that will probably class as its already registered etc.

This is the thing. It sends live feeds to the app. It sends notifications to the app. It sends marker is my intrusion and line crossing playback. So the cameras must be talking to the nvr and the nvr must be sending to the app.

The only thing it won't do is show any markers for smart detection when I try to use line drawing. Its like something is turned off or its not looking outside the areas I have set.

I've just set sudden scene change detection and motion to to see they do anything for the smart playback function.

Last edited:
When I set this system up a while ago I suddenly lost the smart people search and smart car search. I was directed to drawing the line on screen.
Well the line drawing no longer works. It has no markers so that's no longer a search option. However I now have smart people and vehicle search once enabling the scene change and motion alerts.
I may not ever know why smart line drawing doesn't work anymore, but at least markers are now available for people smart search.

Just downgraded the firmware, all went well, had to redo a few settings but nothing too bad.

Green screen issue has gone, playback works and H265+ is working fine.

Definitely a dodgy firmware.

What phones have you all got?

It looks like this issue could be specific to Android Samsungs

Had an installer here today with an iPhone 13, he installed my cameras on his Hik-Connect on the V4.60.000 firmware, no green boxes or playback issues.

He thinks it's a firmware conflict with the Hik-Connect app and Samsung phones, something to do with Hikvision having a disagreement with Samsung?

♀️ No idea but anyway the rollback seems to have sorted the issue

I have a DS-7616NI-I2/16P and had much of the same issues with firmware V4.60.005 as you guys... I wasn't really satisfied after rolling back so I loaded V4.60.005 again and then did default/factory reset. I manually reconfigured everything and the system works better than it ever has now!

Had an installer here today with an iPhone 13, he installed my cameras on his Hik-Connect on the V4.60.000 firmware, no green boxes or playback issues.

He thinks it's a firmware conflict with the Hik-Connect app and Samsung phones, something to do with Hikvision having a disagreement with Samsung?
There are bugs on both mobile platform apps sometimes common, sometimes not, but there are bugs in IOS that as re not in Android also, myths get us knowhere

I spoke too soon about the V4.60.000 and V4.60.005 i series firmware.... had all sorts of issues with it... loaded V4.51.025 and all is ok.

Just out of interest what cameras are you using and NVR? DS-7616NI-I2/16P is the NVR I am using with only three 8mp Colorvu cameras and had the same issues with others with green blocks when playing back through the app. H265 and H265+ do not play well and only H264 seems to work ok. The NVR is currently on firmware V4.60.005 build 220108 and the cameras are on V5.7.3 build 220216. setting wise they are nowhere near their full capabilities. And bandwidth should be fine. using the bandwidth calculator with all the full settings they should be using 16mbs each. Although I have seen someone mention they pull up to 25mbs. but even so that's only 75mbs out of 160mbs. So should run fine, especially on lower settings. Its the playback on Hikconnect that seems to struggle. I did try this on my Samsung s21 and an iphone with the same results

Just out of interest what cameras are you using and NVR? DS-7616NI-I2/16P is the NVR I am using with only three 8mp Colorvu cameras and had the same issues with others with green blocks when playing back through the app. H265 and H265+ do not play well and only H264 seems to work ok. The NVR is currently on firmware V4.60.005 build 220108 and the cameras are on V5.7.3 build 220216. setting wise they are nowhere near their full capabilities. And bandwidth should be fine. using the bandwidth calculator with all the full settings they should be using 16mbs each. Although I have seen someone mention they pull up to 25mbs. but even so that's only 75mbs out of 160mbs. So should run fine, especially on lower settings. Its the playback on Hikconnect that seems to struggle. I did try this on my Samsung s21 and an iphone with the same results
I've got the same setup as you, DS-7616NI-I2/16P with four ColorVu cameras.

I've had nothing but problems. I can only use H265+, if I try anything else I get the message 'no more connections allowed on this device". I would prefer to H264 or H265 as the quality is much better.

I've got the same setup as you, DS-7616NI-I2/16P with four ColorVu cameras.

I've had nothing but problems. I can only use H265+, if I try anything else I get the message 'no more connections allowed on this device". I would prefer to H264 or H265 as the quality is much betteI stepped back and fixed all my issues.r.

Back