01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New ColorVu 8mp IP Cameras and NVR

Geordie564

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have just installed 4x DS-2CD2387G2-LU (C) cameras connected to DS-7616NI-12/16P.

I'm really struggling

How do I adjust the LED light settings? I want the lights to come on automatically at night and stay on bright all night.

Also, should I have the frame rate set to 25fps or full frame?

When logging into the NVR from my laptop I can't view the live images, there is just 4 grey boxes, not sure how to get the 4 cameras to show on there.

Really lost here so any help will be much appreciated

Hi @Geordie564

In regards to the White light settings, you will need to access the cameras directly. If the cameras are plugged into a separate PoE switch/injector then you should be able to login to each camera with their dedicated IP address using a browser, if all the cameras are connected to the PoE ports on the NVR you will need to enable Virtual Host to access the camera-specific settings.

We recommend that you use 15fps for most scenarios because when watching most movement in a scene you are unlikely to notice a big difference between 15fps and 25fps and 25fps will use far more data/storage, we only recommend going above 15fps if you are monitoring a very busy or fast scene (e.g. school corridors, fast main roads, etc...).

What browser are you using when trying to view the NVR from your laptop?

I'm using Microsoft Edge I think, on a Windows 11 laptop

Ok, If you are using Edge you need to follow the instruction in this forum post to set the IP address(es) of the NVR/camera to 'open using Internet Explorer mode'

Also, accessing using Chrome may give you more stable access.

Can you please confirm what firmware version your NVR is currently running?

Ok, the latest version for the I-series NVRs is v4.60.000

I would recommend updating to this latest version.

OK thank you very much, I'll give all this a try

Will the camera firmware be up to date?

The camera firmware should be up-to-date, but I would still log in to each and check.

As you have the (C) models the latest firmware should be v5.7.2

I'm now on Internet Explorer but still can't see the cameras

Attachments

• 20220110_161214.jpg
    20220110_161214.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
Ok, just to check the basics before we go anywhere else, have you tried clicking the play icon in the bottom centre of the screen? If that doesn't work have you tried clicking the little lens icon to the left of each device in the device list on the left of the screen? you should see a green play symbol next to each device when you do this.

Now I've got a new problem.

I updated the firmware on the NVR to the latest and now when I try to view one of the cameras in HD on the Hik-Connect app it's half green but it's fine in basic mode, it was working fine earlier

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-175520_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-175520_Hik-Connect.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 126
Also now unable to play footage back on all cameras

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-193615_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-193615_Hik-Connect.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 138
Hi @Geordie564

What are the video settings of this camera? Can you share a screenshot/photo of the video settings for this camera from the NVR menus?

Update - all the cameras were set to constant bitrate of 16384 and were all loading very slowly and struggling to play footage back.

I've changed the bitrate to variable with a max of 4096 on each camera and I can now view recordings back and live view is loading quicker.

Was this the right thing to do?

Yes, I was going to suggest that you compress the video settings by either reducing the bitrate, reducing fps, increasing compression, or a mix of those options.

Glad to hear the remote access has improved.

I also changed all the cameras from H265 to H264 that seemed to improve the speed.
I thought this NVR could handle lots of high spec cameras?

This is the main most used camera settings

Attachments

• 20220111_091340.jpg
    20220111_091340.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 143
As soon as I raise the bitrate to over 3072 or change to H.265 I hit problems

Attachments

• 20220111_102550.jpg
    20220111_102550.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 120
I have the same cameras and have the same issue. I found H264 and to click enable H264+ works well. H265 or H265+ gives me large green squares as you have noticed

I have the same cameras and have the same issue. I found H264 and to click enable H264+ works well. H265 or H265+ gives me large green squares as you have noticed
What bitrate and fps are you using?

Back