01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Firmware for G5 Cameras - 5.7.12

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
New G5 firmware appeared on the European portal yesterday along with release notes. For all DS-2CD2xx6G2 (c) and DS-2CD2xx7G2 (c) models. I've not tried it yet but there are a few fixes/new features:

• anti banding switch for all fixed iris models
  • privacy zones no longer have to be rectangular (though still 4 sided)
  • a fix for camera names not being sent with smart events (I assume this was only an issue for a camera directly connected to Hik-Connect rather than via the NVR as I've not experienced it)
The firmware can be downloaded here:

Hello, good evening.

Thank you very much for the announcement of the new firmware!

I just updated a DS-2CD2087G2-L and a DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL, and everything works fine. The privacy masking has been a good improvement, now the impact on the image is much reduced as you can adjust all angles.

Càmera Meteo-07012023-2136232242.jpg

The cameras are recording on a Synology 218play server, and there have been no problems with the new ONVIF update.

Last edited:
@JB1970 or anyone else updated to this firmware and any issues to report? Have they fixed the HC light/siren manual triggers that were stopping by themselves after 3 seconds?

@JB1970 or anyone else updated to this firmware and any issues to report? Have they fixed the HC light/siren manual triggers that were stopping by themselves after 3 seconds?
Funny you should mention that @RetiredDinosaur.....I updated mine to 5.7.12 some time ago and paid no attention. On Thursday I installed a couple of LSU/SL cameras for a customer that came with 5.7.10 loaded and mentioned/demonstrated to the customer that the strobe wasn't working properly (when manually triggered via the app). I updated his cameras to 5.7.12 remotely when I got home. The next day he e mailed me to let me know that the strobe was now working as expected. I tried it on my own cameras and confirmed that it is indeed fixed on 5.7.12.

Thanks for reporting back. I am still on 5.7.3 and was worried about updating past 5.7.10 namely because of this bug but also because of the update notes that 5.7.10 will no longer allow downgrading. I was hoping for improved acusense human detection as I get lots of false positives on clothes blowing around on a washing line triggering human alerts. Hoping Hik have improved AI functionality in recent updates, as currently on 5.7.3, it works a tad better than basic motion detection.

Thanks for reporting back. I am still on 5.7.3 and was worried about updating past 5.7.10 namely because of this bug but also because of the update notes that 5.7.10 will no longer allow downgrading. I was hoping for improved acusense human detection as I get lots of false positives on clothes blowing around on a washing line triggering human alerts. Hoping Hik have improved AI functionality in recent updates, as currently on 5.7.3, it works a tad better than basic motion detection.
On the job I detailed 2 cameras were updated from 5.7.3 to 5.7.12 and two brand new cameras were updated from 5.7.10 to 5.7.12. It's strange that 5.7.12 has been available on the Hikvision website for some time but has not yet been uploaded to the UK portal.
I was hoping for improved acusense human detection as I get lots of false positives on clothes blowing around on a washing line triggering human alerts.
Yeah that's a difficult one - if it looks like a human and moves like a human, it's a human. When the wind is blowing, our rotary drier looks like a 90's acid house rave!

On the job I detailed 2 cameras were updated from 5.7.3 to 5.7.12 and two brand new cameras were updated from 5.7.10 to 5.7.12. It's strange that 5.7.12 has been available on the Hikvision website for some time but has not yet been uploaded to the UK portal.

Yeah that's a difficult one - if it looks like a human and moves like a human, it's a human. When the wind is blowing, our rotary drier looks like a 90's acid house rave!

The UK portal is indeed a mess. Hik removed a lot of the Turbo 4.0 DVR firmware last fall when I reported a bug and recently for the aforementioned IP cameras, they advised downloading 5.7.12 direct from the hikvision.com website

Back