01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New firmware V5.7.17build 240424 for ColorVu G5

alfaclvi

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
This is inside Temp folder for G5 Platform EU portal as digicap.dav. No zip, no info....
Completely new look
Testing now on 2047G2-L

Also new firmware for NXI-K NVRs 4.82.100_240606

Attachments

• v5717_240424.png
    v5717_240424.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 55
Thanks @alfaclvi

Do you have a link for the Temp folder where you found this firmware?

We've looked at several folders in the EU portal labelled Temp/Temporary and can't find the firmware version you mentioned above.

New interface should be familiar for I and M series NVR users
I was confused with VCA settings, but its OK too. Separate adjustment.....

This is inside Temp folder for G5 Platform EU portal as digicap.dav. No zip, no info....
Completely new look
Testing now on 2047G2-L
Out of interest, how did you know what version it was before installing? Or do you just like to live dangerously :)

I'll give it a try on one of mine and see if it bricks anything. Any of the official locations (product pages, download search) still show the earlier dated release of 5.7.15 or even 5.7.14 for many models.

I've installed it on a DS-2CD2387G2-LU. It doesn't seem to have broken anything. I won't update any more until a newer version goes on general release. I think I prefer the old interface. While the latest is a bit more modern looking it's harder to navigate and splitting Smart Events into a separate VCA hiding rather than just keeping all 'Events' in one location doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me. But hey ho, that's progress.....

Last edited:
Yes this was the date and size of file:):)

Tested on "veteran" DS-2CD2047G2-L. Price is falling :)

I suppose we now need a factory reset to see if some "issues" are solved. But after midnight :)

After a factory reset, things seem OK on our camera.
Initially, none of us could consistently get live view from the camera in-browser, we were getting a "the number of the preview requests exceeds the limit" error.
But, hard-resetting and changing the IP seems to have solved (it may have been added to too many of our NVRs) - we also had to switch the main stream codec to H.264 to get it working - weirdly, it now works with all video setting combinations we've tried.
Before the hard-reset, it seemed to work randomly with certain codec / max bitrate / frame rate combinations.

Initially, none of us could consistently get live view from the camera in-browser,
Lol - that's a given for us Mac users. Frozen static images when viewing NVR using browser and no image when viewing via virtual host. I don't ever view using a browser but it's the easiest way to configure cameras (if it worked)

This camera seemed OK in Chrome on Dan's Mac, so hopefully we'll see some improvements on the NVRs too...
TBH, live viewing via virtual host barely works on Windows either (definitely not for plug & play cameras anyway).

we were getting a "the number of the preview requests exceeds the limit" error.
Hi @Kyle

I had this warning yesterday, before updating with this new firmware and after updating with the new V4.82.100build 240606 for the Ds-7608NXI-K2.
This was bypassed as you mentioned above by updating with newer webPlugins.
Things seem OK with new firmware.
There is a new option in Privacy Mask about Mask Type color but gives no color palette and the only selection is black

Thanks @alfaclvi, that makes sense about the new WebPlugin fixing it!
We haven't noticed any glaring issues either, but I'm also seeing black as the only option for the privacy mask colours...

Hi @Kyle
No issues so far.
I also did a factory reset.

The only "issue" I have noticed is that my Laptop screen size(1600x900) is not large enough for settings and needed to scroll on right. Did not check on larger monitor..
Also Acusearch option, after also updating Acusense 7608NXI-K2 NVR with newer 4.82.100_240606, is not working for me.

I notice that when logged in via firefox browser to the camera ds-2cd2387g2-lu that under config/event intrusion and line crossing dont show up when clicking on the pull down. So I went into the search at the top of the screen and typed line crossing then clicked on the result and line crossing settings etc show up. A bug I guess.

5.7.17 is now available directly on the UK product pages so it's now general release for all G5 ColorVu, AcuSense and Hybrid Light models. However it has a newer build date 240606 versus the 240424 previously linked further up by @alfaclvi. I'm not sure whether the files are identical or not....

Edit: The newer build has a different file size 82.1 not 82.0 MB, however the embedded date of the old build is more recent than the new. Anyway I'll load the released one.

Last edited:
There is also a lower Smart Events sensitivity or better recognition(Target Validity) of Smart Events. There are no faulse alerts
Birds and birds shadows now are not detected on my home roof anymore. Not even by Rule searching.
On the other hand, Motion Detection is the same.
I don't know if rollback is possible after updating to this new interface. Did not check and there are no Release Notes as usual.....

Last edited:
Back