01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New firmware V5.7.17build 240424 for ColorVu G5

Updated on 5.7.17_240606
Motion Detection is not working at all on DS-2CD2047G2-L and Acusense DS-7608NXI-K2(V4.82.100build 240606) with previous settings
Increased Sensitvity to 100, there is Detection, but motion Event is not uploaded as VCA.
Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion is now renamed to Enable Dynamic Analysis for Face Detection(was from previous "temp" firmware)
Enable Dual-VCA is Enabled on camera(Display info on stream seems OK on NVR)
Save Camera VCA Data is enabled on NVR.
Performed a Restore to Defaults and imported a previous Device Parameter backup file, but issue remains the same

I 'm going back to 5.7.15
A mess once again

I cannot know if the reason is the below:

Attachments

• verification failed.png
    verification failed.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 40
Updated on 5.7.17_240606
Motion Detection is not working at all on DS-2CD2047G2-L and Acusense DS-7608NXI-K2(V4.82.100build 240606) with previous settings
Increased Sensitvity to 100, there is Detection, but motion Event is not uploaded as VCA.
Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion is now renamed to Enable Dynamic Analysis for Face Detection(was from previous "temp" firmware)
Enable Dual-VCA is Enabled on camera(Display info on stream seems OK on NVR)
Save Camera VCA Data is enabled on NVR.
Performed a Restore to Defaults and imported a previous Device Parameter backup file, but issue remains the same

I 'm going back to 5.7.15
A mess once again
Everything appears to be normal for me, no obvious problems. I've loaded the firmware onto DS-2387G2H-LU, 2387G2-LU, 2387G2-LSU/SL. All cameras have motion detection enabled and are triggering as expected. Sensitivity on mine is at 20 as always (Hikvision indicate that the lower sensitivity means that the target needs to be larger in view but even set at the minimum of 20, a human at about 40 metres away triggers mine when they are tiny in view)

I did not have a Human at 2 meters. I did not change anything..
My SDcard was encrypted. But I cannot understand the relation to VCA upload on NVR HDDs

No this seems there in no relation. Now as we write, I had two Motion Events found on Search but not found by Event Playback Motion search by Rule. This means Motion Events are not uploaded any more even if Dynamic Analysis is enabled.

There is also a new restriction if someone wants to use The VCA Mode By NVR and only in Motion (Normal) events.
A message appears : Note This function is only available for H264/H265

Same issue after going back to 5.7.15. So possibly this because of the new firmware for Acusense K NVR v4.82.100

Last edited:
No this seems there in no relation. Now as we write, I had two Motion Events found on Search but not found by Event Playback Motion search by Rule. This means Motion Events are not uploaded any more even if Dynamic Analysis is enabled.
Ok, this I can replicate as you detail:
  • For todays date on 5.7.17, on the local UI select Smart Search (or Space Rule depending on model)
  • Position a motion search area and click search
  • The results in the timeline displayed respect the AcuSense filter in the camera (in my case only Human events are shown in the Smart search area)
  • Without exiting playback click a day in the calendar before update when the camera was on 5.7.15
  • The results in the timeline now show ALL motion events irrespective of the AcuSense setting
So as you say, it does appear that with Dual VCA enabled, the camera is only forwarding events that match the filter on the motion setting. Previously you could use the Human filter in playback to see Human events, but use Smart search if you wanted to find your neighbours cat taking a shat in your garden (just an example!). Now once 'Human' and/or 'Vehicle' are selected in the motion detection setting, a Smart Search will no longer return any other motion events.

This might be intentional by Hikvision. Previously if you wanted to search a specific area for 'Human' only it wasn't possible, you could either get Human results for your entire motion detection area or all motion, Human or otherwise, for the Smart Search area.

I guess a user might want all of the following:
  • Show AcuSense based for the entire area
  • For a Smart Search defined area, allow the choice between AcuSense based and all motion

Thanks JB for your support

Before reading your post, I rolled back on 5.7.15 240411
Everything work fine again. Sensitivity and VCA uploading
I can find again all Motion Events on NXI Event Playback Motion search by Rule

No I was on my roof, detected by all kind of Smart Events, was at 2-6 metres distance, but Motion Detection did not detect me(by Rules). Of course no cats and no birds. Sensitivity was at 40.
Now again with 5.7.15 everything works fine

Previous days Motion search is also OK !!!! Were not with 5.7.17

Last edited:
New release notes. A very detailed information from the new author!!!!

Attachments

• 5717SP.png
    5717SP.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 18
@alfaclvi - Am I right in thinking you have these G5 cameras connected to a NXI-K NVR on 4.82.xxx? If so could you possibly check whether the Smart Light Compensation is there/working in Hik-Connect (light bulb icon with letter A). I installed a system today and the icon didn't appear on the customers app at all for some reason despite the cameras having the feature (could just be a temporary glitch)

Hi @JB1970

Yes this works on NXI-K v4.82.100 build240606 and on ColorVu DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU V5.7.15build 240411 and Hik-Connect v6.120.0103 Android
Below is my configuration, if that helps:

Attachments

• d_n_switch.png
    d_n_switch.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back