01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware G5 Platform Cameras - New Firmware 5.7.13 available

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Just noticed that there's some new firmware for the G5 platform cameras (G2 AcuSense and ColorVu models with C revision) 5.7.13_230403.

The release notes indicate a few fixes for the not yet released dual light cameras and the addition of a human/vehicle filter within Hik-Connect (as is available on the NXI model AcuSense NVR's)

It's not on the portal and neither were the previous 2 versions. A note on the portal is now advising to use the main website rather than the portal for firmware updates. It's available from the Hikvision UK site product page here:

The release notes for the firmware show all Live Guard models (ISU/SL and LSU/SL) highlighted in grey:
Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 08.52.37.png

Scrolling through 52 pages there's a little note at the bottom - "This version doesn't support /SL model."

Yet on the product pages for the LSU/SL models:
Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 08.51.42.png

So the release notes say it's incompatible, while they've posted the same version on the product page with a recommendation to update. Who knows.....

I was waiting for the new firmware to be released on the portal's website, because it is not yet listed there in the download section.

The camera models I have are: DS-2CD2087G2-L - DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL

I was waiting for the new firmware to be released on the portal's website, because it is not yet listed there in the download section.

The camera models I have are: DS-2CD2087G2-L - DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL
The previous versions weren't on the portal either (in the UK). There's now the following message on the portal in a text file:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 09.09.31.png

So according to the release notes the 2087G2 will be compatible but the other two are not. But as said they've posted the same supposedly incompatible version on the product page for those as well. I updated mine with no issues noticed as yet (2387G2-LSU/SL)

Normally, I always take a look at the notes before updating, and do a Crtl-f to check that the cameras I have are included in the update. Thanks for the information you always post.

Well, I have updated all the cameras, and they were listed in the firmware notes. So far everything is working correctly and they have updated as they normally do.

Well, I have updated all the cameras, and they were listed in the firmware notes. So far everything is working correctly and they have updated as they normally do.
Yes the models ending LSU/SL are listed but blocked out in grey. There are some other new (unavailable as yet) dual light cameras that are listed and blocked out in yellow. That led me to scroll to the end where the comment was. Mine have been fine but I’ll maybe try the strobe light to see if it works normally as it’s a function I don’t use.

There is a updated version of firmware 5.7.13 with build number 230504. Updated my cameras without anything obvious to note.

Update notes:
  • Repair the problem of the previous version: the speaker over power damage of /SL model.
  • Fix the smart supplement light issue of V5.7.13.
  • Problem Phenomenon: when enable WDR and Smart at the same time, after the alarm is over, the picture is still in color (should be black and white normally). Trigger the alarm again, and the problem will also exist.
  • Fix the problem of dark corners after the lens is restored and probable defocus after rebooting.

New firmware V5.7.13-SP2_230706
It's not yet on the UK site. Where are you seeing it as it's not on the global site product pages either?

Interestingly the UK firmware site is now showing a '(D)' revision for the DS-2CD2387G2-ISU/SL camera. I hope the 'C' model isn't going to be considered out of date

Edit: I found it on the EU portal here:

I wish to god they'd make their mind up where to keep the latest firmware.....

Release notes - quite a few bug fixes

Network Camera-V5.7.13_SP2 Release Note-G5 (2023-07-06)
Firmware Basic Information Firmware version: V5.7.13_SP2 build230706
New Features Modify Function
1. Fix the problem of memory leakage due to frequent configuration of perimeter events/ face capture.
2. Fix the problem of customized voice over power consumption burns out speakers.
3. Fix the problem that neither IR nor white light will turn on when the ambient brightness suddenly becomes dim in an event-triggered situation in smart mode.
4. Fix the problem that missed event alarms at slow shutter speed.
Exposure Time: support 1/3, 1/6 in Monitoring mode; can only support a maximum exposure time of 1/12 in Smart Event mode.
5. Smart mode optimization:
(1) After the white light -> IR light switching, in order to reduce false alarm, the previous version took 10s to make sure the screen is stable. However, 10 seconds is too long and may cause missed alarms during this periods. So this version reduced to 4s.
(2) The target detection box turning red does not necessarily trigger the white light on in the previous version, this is because the confidence level of these two things are not consistent. For the sake of uniformity in event presentation, this version is modified to consistent judgment logic.

Last edited:
It's not yet on the UK site. Where are you seeing it as it's not on the global site product pages either?

Interestingly the UK firmware site is now showing a '(D)' revision for the DS-2CD2387G2-ISU/SL camera. I hope the 'C' model isn't going to be considered out of date

Edit: I found it on the EU portal here:

I wish to god they'd make their mind up where to keep the latest firmware.....

Release notes - quite a few bug fixes

Network Camera-V5.7.13_SP2 Release Note-G5 (2023-07-06)
Firmware Basic Information Firmware version: V5.7.13_SP2 build230706
New Features Modify Function
1. Fix the problem of memory leakage due to frequent configuration of perimeter events/ face capture.
2. Fix the problem of customized voice over power consumption burns out speakers.
3. Fix the problem that neither IR nor white light will turn on when the ambient brightness suddenly becomes dim in an event-triggered situation in smart mode.
4. Fix the problem that missed event alarms at slow shutter speed.
Exposure Time: support 1/3, 1/6 in Monitoring mode; can only support a maximum exposure time of 1/12 in Smart Event mode.
5. Smart mode optimization:
(1) After the white light -> IR light switching, in order to reduce false alarm, the previous version took 10s to make sure the screen is stable. However, 10 seconds is too long and may cause missed alarms during this periods. So this version reduced to 4s.
(2) The target detection box turning red does not necessarily trigger the white light on in the previous version, this is because the confidence level of these two things are not consistent. For the sake of uniformity in event presentation, this version is modified to consistent judgment logic.
Yes, that's right, it is on the EU portal. I have installed it on three cameras and there is no problem. I even think it will benefit me with the low shutter detection, because there were times when the lighting was quite low the camera did not detect the person correctly and did not send an alarm or warning email. Let's see if this is solved.

Good morning, I own 4 IP Cam DS-2CD2047G2-L after updating to version 5.7.13 the night vision has lost the ColorVu therefore at night if the light is not activated you cannot see anything ... before the images were clear and in color...does anyone have a solution?...Thanks

Attachments

• 5.7.13.png
    5.7.13.png
    937.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 5.7.10.png
    5.7.10.png
    885 KB · Views: 113
Hi @gabriele.nedok

Have you checked your camera's image & stream settings after the firmware update?

Sometimes settings can be changed/defaulted by firmware updates.

Your screenshot from before the firmware looks like the camera was set to 1/12 shutter speed to give that brighter image, after the firmware it looks like it might have changed to a faster shutter speed/exposure time (maybe 1/25 or 1/50).

Please login to the camera and go to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Exposure Settings and check what the Exposure Time is set to.

FYI - a slow 1/12 exposure will give you a bright image but will also increase motion blur, if you do decide to use that exposure we would recommend checking your recordings at night for any motion to see how much motion blur you are getting. Night recordings that are completely blurred won't be that useful in a scenario where you actually need to identify something in the scene.

Good morning, I own 4 IP Cam DS-2CD2047G2-L after updating to version 5.7.13 the night vision has lost the ColorVu therefore at night if the light is not activated you cannot see anything ... before the images were clear and in color...does anyone have a solution?...Thanks
In the camera - Configuration > Image > Display Settings. Ensure Day/Night switch is set to Auto as well.

Hi @gabriele.nedok

Have you checked your camera's image & stream settings after the firmware update?

Sometimes settings can be changed/defaulted by firmware updates.

Your screenshot from before the firmware looks like the camera was set to 1/12 shutter speed to give that brighter image, after the firmware it looks like it might have changed to a faster shutter speed/exposure time (maybe 1/25 or 1/50).

Please login to the camera and go to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Exposure Settings and check what the Exposure Time is set to.

FYI - a slow 1/12 exposure will give you a bright image but will also increase motion blur, if you do decide to use that exposure we would recommend checking your recordings at night for any motion to see how much motion blur you are getting. Night recordings that are completely blurred won't be that useful in a scenario where you actually need to identify something in the scene.
yes I checked, if I'm not mistaken, the new firmware has removed the lowest exposure times leaving only 1/12 up ... 1/25, 1/50 etc .... so I was considering trying to do the downgrade to 5.7.10...but I don't know how

Hi @gabriele.nedok

Okay, I think Hikvision have probably done this because of the motion blur issue and not being able to get any good detail of moving objects when the exposure is set so slow.

You can try downgrading firmware but I'm not sure this is possible with this latest version.

If you can't get clear images without motion blur at 1/12 or 1/25 and you don't want to turn on the built-in white light, then the ColorVu cameras are probably not suitable for your location as it is too dark for the Colour image to be captured without added illumination.

If you can't get clear images without motion blur at 1/12 or 1/25 and you don't want to turn on the built-in white light, then the ColorVu cameras are probably not suitable for your location as it is too dark for the Colour image to be captured without added illumination.
I was thinking similar. ColorVu isn't for everyone if you're not happy with the LED. A perfect use case for a new Hybrid Light model I think.....Crystal clear, sharp mono image during darkness, switching to colour when it matters - DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU would fit the bill for a bullet (or DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU for a turret)

I have 2385G2. Been tardy as it has firmware version V5.5.160 build 210108 on it.
I've tried to download the SP2 and also 5.7.12 to installed however when attempting the upgrade from camera config and selecting the digicap.dav file I have extracted from the firmware download I get the error "the type of upgrade file mismatches".

Is there an interim firmware step or upgrade I need to make before being able to get to 5.7.10 or above or is there another reason for this error message?

Back