01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Firmware - G5 Platform 5.7.10. !!Possible Bug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @JB1970

We've spoken to Hikvision support about this, they are aware of the issue and said this:

"HQ is currently working on a solution to make metadata compatible with the NVRs so that customers can use Smart Playback. I do not have a timeline as of now, but we are working on it.
The temporary solution for now is to downgrade to V5.7.3."
Hi,
I installed firmware V5.7.10 build 220720 on a DS-2CD2786G2-IZS and now the motion detect event seems to fire almost continuously and my NAS (raspberry pi with SSD disk) is now recording continuously. I have tried reducing the grid of active squares and it doesn't make any difference. Please can you tell me how to downgrade the firmware and is it safe for this model, I am worried about bricking it
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section, I am a newbie and this is my first post

thanks
Mike

Please can you tell me how to downgrade the firmware and is it safe for this model
It will be safe to downgrade the firmware on that camera, you can install the earlier version via the Upgrade & Maintenance page just like you would when upgrading to a newer firmware.

This is the version just before the one you're having issues with - V5.7.3_220216 SP.

Hi @Brocky120

Thanks for sharing this, we have created a new thread for this new firmware version, see below:

This thread will now be closed as the issue covered here appears to have been resolved in the new firmware, if there are any further issues with this new firmware discuss them in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back