01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Firmware - G5 Platform 5.7.10. !!Possible Bug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
A new G5 firmware has appeared on the UK portal and release notes are present (applies to c revision G2 ColorVu and Acusense models). I didn't notice it at first as due to the way the portal orders firmware versions by filename, it's not at the bottom of the file list. Notably the release notes mention that white light linkage is available for events (previously only available in a customised 5.7.2 firmware). The file and release notes are available here:

Edit: Not sure whether it's just missing from the release notes, but while the DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL is present in the supported models, the 8MP version of that Live Guard model (DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL) is not....? (the 8MP without siren and light is listed)

Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 18.48.28.png

Last edited:
I think I've found a significant bug in this firmware....

VCA smart search is no longer working on the NVR for the camera updated to 5.7.10. When I've looked at the cameras webpage under 'Video/Audio' the tab for 'Display info on screen' where 'Enable Dual VCA' needs to be checked for smart search to function is missing. The screenshots below show the same page in 5.7.3 and 5.7.10.

5.7.3 (present):
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 22.05.12.png

5.7.10 (missing):
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 22.06.39.png

@Kyle any chance you can report this as a potential bug?

Last edited:
Thanks for spotting this @JB1970

I can confirm I'm seeing exactly the same on all browsers...

I've reported it and will come back with an update ASAP.

Thanks for spotting this @JB1970

I can confirm I'm seeing exactly the same on all browsers...

I've reported it and will come back with an update ASAP.
Thanks @Kyle. The downgrade to 5.7.3. was painless and restores 'Dual VCA' already enabled so all is good.

There might also be a bug with the white light linkage that has returned as a feature. For smart events whatever I set it to when I go back to the screen it says 5s. However, the required value does seem to be saved as it functions correctly.

The downgrade to 5.7.3. was painless and restores 'Dual VCA' already enabled so all is good.
I wonder if the feature itself actually remains turned on if it was before and it is just the interface option that is missing?

I wonder if the feature itself actually remains turned on if it was before and it is just the interface option that is missing?
No. I did check that in case it was just the menu option. For the entire time I had 5.7.10 loaded, I was unable to do a VCA search - all smart playback searches - motion, line etc returned no results and left a solid blue playback timeline. Normal operation resumed as soon as I rolled back the firmware.

Hi @JB1970

@Kyle spoke to Hikvision support and they have come back with the below information.

"The new setting that needs to be turned on when using features related to the former Dual-VCA is the Smart Event option in metadata settings"

thumbnail_image001.jpeg

Hi @JB1970

@Kyle spoke to Hikvision support and they have come back with the below information.

"The new setting that needs to be turned on when using features related to the former Dual-VCA is the Smart Event option in metadata settings"

View attachment 8007
Hmm - I did try that (as I’d seen it in previous firmwares) and it had no effect but I’ll give it another shot. It may be that I didn’t leave it activated long enough to get any VCA data through. Can you find out if the firmware is supported on the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL? It is a G5 but only the LU version is listed in the compatible models table within the release notes. I’m not sure if its omission is intentional or an oversight.

Last edited:
So I've tried an update to 5.7.10 again and as I mentioned in the previous message 'Smart Event' in metadata settings doesn't work. Perhaps it works if the camera is standalone, but there is no searchable VCA in the Smart playback tab on a 7616NI-I2 NVR with latest firmware. As soon as I define a line and click the magnifying glass, no results are returned - no markers (I drew the line across the road and checked normal playback to ensure that there had been activity/cars passing). Image below shows the search. You can see the VCA data marked timeline, the gap during update and the empty timeline following update with smart event turned on in metadata settings:

IMG_4301.JPG

In the NVR - for the affected camera, Dual VCA shows as off and 'not supported' as shown in the image below:

Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 16.45.20.png

I would have thought that 'Enable Dual-VCA' would still be available for the channel on the NVR and that switching it on/off would have turned on/off 'smart event' in the camera's metadata settings. As it stands it doesn't link up like that. Hikvision have made a fundamental change to the way a smart playback search works and broken it completely.

Last edited:
interesting my Display info on screen is still in the menu.
You'll still be able to see that setting in the NVR web menu. It's the camera web menu where it has been removed in 5.7.10

You'll still be able to see that setting in the NVR web menu. It's the camera web menu where it has been removed in 5.7.10
I would like make sure I read whole thread and mine is show up in the camera. I can take a video to prove it but I am too lazy.

@dealpapa - I'm not sure quite how to decipher your message but here goes...

I would like make sure I read whole thread
I think you might be suggesting that I haven't read the thread that I started. I have.

and mine is show up in the camera.

Ok. So although Hikvision have confirmed that the menu item has been removed and Use-IP have confirmed the same on multiple web browsers, you're saying that the menu item is still there on your camera. It's possible I suppose, depending on the source of your download, but unlikely if the firmware build date is the same.

I can take a video to prove it but I am too lazy.
Well that's very helpful. It's a shame that you didn't feel lazy enough to avoid making such a pointless addition to the thread.

Have you cycled the power to your camera?
Try also clearing your browser's cache.

Yea
Have you cycled the power to your camera?
Try also clearing your browser's cache.

Yeah I do all that as standard. There seems to be a regional difference in firmware. ‘Display info on screen’ no longer appears on mine (@Kyle saw the same when he tested) The release notes detail adding the ‘metadata smart event’ for ‘overseas models’ so it appears the uk is included in that. Either way it’s broke

Hi @JB1970 I was actually wondering whether @dealpapa had done those things ;)

I was unaware the release notes indicated there may be differences for 'overseas'.

As you say @Kyle and @Dan are in comms with Hikvision Support, and all we can then do is wait ...

Hi @JB1970 I was actually wondering whether @dealpapa had done those things ;)

I was unaware the release notes indicated there may be differences for 'overseas'.

As you say @Kyle and @Dan are in comms with Hikvision Support, and all we can then do is wait ...
Yeah it’s bizarre. Fair enough if Dual VCA has been replaced with metadata smart event. However it has no interaction with a Hikvision back end device (or so it seems). I’m not sure what ‘overseas models’ covers. Everything outside of China? It’s not clear when the release notes originate from a UK portal.

Hi @JB1970

We've spoken to Hikvision support about this, they are aware of the issue and said this:

"HQ is currently working on a solution to make metadata compatible with the NVRs so that customers can use Smart Playback. I do not have a timeline as of now, but we are working on it.
The temporary solution for now is to downgrade to V5.7.3."

Hi @JB1970

We've spoken to Hikvision support about this, they are aware of the issue and said this:

"HQ is currently working on a solution to make metadata compatible with the NVRs so that customers can use Smart Playback. I do not have a timeline as of now, but we are working on it.
The temporary solution for now is to downgrade to V5.7.3."
Thanks @Dan

It seems a large change to the way that Smart Playback works (or doesn't) and it's surprising that the implications weren't detailed fully within the release notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back