01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect New Hik-Connect 6.0 Update?

stvn

Hi,

Just saw on the notes of the Hik-Partner Pro app that it supports management of the new Hik-Connect 6.0. Does anyone know if it's going to be a major redesign or a small update?
IMG_3410.jpg

Not a clue about that but I’d guess jumping from 5.4.x to 6.x would probably be a change of design/layout. Maybe we’ll finally be able to rearrange the list of sites on the homepage…..

Version 6 is live now on App Store….

A few changes - not a major redesign

Last edited:
Not a clue about that but I’d guess jumping from 5.4.x to 6.x would probably be a change of design/layout. Maybe we’ll finally be able to rearrange the list of sites on the homepage…..
The only way I found was to add them as favourites and sort them on the favourites page, I don't think it'll be that hard to add that function to the main homepage but hopefully one day they implement it

One handy feature/improvement in this new version of Hik-Connect is that you can now overlay your VCA rules on your image in the app. It's a global setting that enables the overlay on all sites added to your account:

Me > Settings > Display VCA Rule > On

It shows the line/area in green and the tracked object in green, with both turning red when the conditions are met and the event triggered. It should simplify set up and adjustment of smart events hugely, as you can test the setup while viewing the app screen in real time.

One thing I cannot find, is under the PTZ menu, there is now no option to jump to a preset. Unless I’m missing something?

Back