01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect - thumbnails not appearing?

Any ideas why the video playback event thumbnail are not appearing in the Hik-connect app? Got a new NVR and ColorVu cameras installed recently. Latest version for all.

Attachments

• IMG_7953.jpeg
    IMG_7953.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 66
Unfortunately, "Latest Version" when self-reported by Hikvision is seldom true :(
To date, they have never got the function to work properly, and the self-check always believes that IT IS the latest version :(

And, before doing the hard yards of trying to diagnose a root cause for any issue, being on the true latest version of firmware for each device IS important (simply because Hikvision may have fixed the issue that you are seeing).

Therefore, I'm afraid that we have to ask you to share the model numbers of each Hikvision device AND the firmware currently in use.
The same goes for Hik-Connect e.g. Android or IOS? And the version that you are using?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try updating the firmware on the cameras and NVR.

You're using the most up-to-date version of Hik-Connect, so it might be down to compatibility with the old firmware and new app update.

Update the cameras to: V5.7.14 build 231213
And the NVR to: V4.61.025 build 220905

You can download the firmware by searching for the model numbers here.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the thrumbnails on one of my devices. My wife's phone shows thumbnails; however, mine doesn't.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-08 at 13.03.55.jpeg

Both phone are runing Hik connect on Android v6.1.30.0118
NVR is DS-7608NI-I2 and SW is V4.61.025 build 220905
4 x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL with SW V5.7.14 build 231213
1 x DS-2CD3387G2P-LSU/SL with SW V5.7.11 build 230406

Any advise would be helpful.

Upvote 0
Hi @blackjack05 - was the NVR added to your account first and then shared with your wife's (within the app), or vice versa?
Or, was it added to both of your accounts via the QR code/serial number?
Are you able to see the cameras' live views and recordings?
It's worth testing with stream encryption disabled too (by going to Network>Advanced Configuration>Platform Access), if it isn't already.

Upvote 0
Hi @blackjack05 - was the NVR added to your account first and then shared with your wife's (within the app), or vice versa?
Or, was it added to both of your accounts via the QR code/serial number?
Are you able to see the cameras' live views and recordings?
It's worth testing with stream encryption disabled too (by going to Network>Advanced Configuration>Platform Access), if it isn't already.
Hi Kyle,

My phone (the one not showing thumbnails) was added to the account first via the QR code. I don't recall how my wife's phone was set up. It may have been by QR code, but I am not sure. The screenshot I attached does show sharing, so it could of been done within the app.

With stream encryption disabled, the same issue still happens.

I can see the cameras live and the recordings on the app, which is the main thing. It's just odd (and slightly annoying) that the snapshot doesn't show.

Upvote 0
Thanks for checking, it sounds similar to a bug they recently fixed on the M-Series NVRs (especially as you can view the camera footage).

It was eventually fixed through a mixture of app and NVR firmware updates, so I think it is just going to be a case of waiting for those.

Are you both definitely using V6.1.30.0118, and are your phones different models?

The only other thing you could try is rebooting the NVR, deleting the NVR from both your accounts, and then connecting it to one again (sharing it with your wife etc after that).

Upvote 0
Thank you for the quick replies.

Hopefully, firmware update may solve the issue.

Yes both phones are the same and the Hik connect version are the same.

I may give the reboot etc try over the weekend.

Upvote 0
Back